What's happening in your garden.

1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

Misus was guna order one and I looked at it and looked at price and build quality and stopped her. Probably not much cheaper what I've done but it's bigger, better built, treated timber, better commercial type accessories so it should last for a hell of a lot longer.??

Reckon it'll last till these two are bored of it that's for sure.

I've put a few of them jungle gym things up and the instructions are complete lies, and the materials are flimsy what you have made is far better quality mate. You have saved your self a few quid.

The kids will use it for years, far better than Xbox and all that shite.?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ours is just starting to come to life  I've not done a great amount so far just a little tidying up 

The back gardens been a bit of a hole since the kids had rabbits and stuff been nice to finally get it sorted, doing it cottage garden style wild flowers and herbs etc with some fruit and veg her

This is my patch, been working from home for the last few weeks so the place is looking as nice as it ever has !

Posted Images

Got rest of cladding done on playground. Roof on, climbing wall and ladders done, fireman pole in final position and postcreted in. Just slide now really, awaiting delivery. Kids been going mad on it this afternoon, should tire em out once it's all done?.

IMG-20200609-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200609-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200609-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20200609-WA0023.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Once found one as a kid on holiday in Wales......bought it home with me and had it in a tank in my bedroom.  2 days later it gave birth to a load of little slow worms.......following year went back on Holliday to a Wales and let it go.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

They still are down here mate in certain places. We used to get alot of lizards aswell but can find one for love nore money now ?

Used to catch them with a plastic pop bottle, used to get them in the wire holes on concrete posts along th old railway track.... Bottle one end and poke with a piece of grass?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Used to catch them with a plastic pop bottle, used to get them in the wire holes on concrete posts along th old railway track.... Bottle one end and poke with a piece of grass?

They use to bask on the big ant hills; use to have to be facing the sun and dive on them like a goalkeeper 

• Haha 1

Don't see newts and toads about like yrs ago..or voles these days... Used to collect all sorts... Had a pet hedgehog, jackdaws, massive old toad, 2 fox cubs, tawny owls, whatever we used to find, we would take home, hide them in the shed? old girl would do her nut ?

• Like 2

Found this little fella at work last year,we had to build a lizard fence with a catch area in that a lizard expert came and put down a few squares of roofing felt and then tried to catch them to relocate them over the lizard fence and onto a railway line. I helped him one day and caught a few safely, the expert only caught two and pulled the tails off them.

IMG_20190516_081658028_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190516_081707259_HDR.jpg

Edited by fireman
  • Like 5
On 13/06/2020 at 20:51, fireman said:

Found this little fella at work last year,we had to build a lizard fence with a catch area in that a lizard expert came and put down a few squares of roofing felt and then tried to catch them to relocate them over the lizard fence and onto a railway line. I helped him one day and caught a few safely, the expert only caught two and pulled the tails off them.

IMG_20190516_081658028_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190516_081707259_HDR.jpg

Lovely, not seen a sand lizard in years but as a kid we knew loads of specks to find em in the dunes and to our shame used to try and catch them too.

I hope they are still there, in a world thats changed so much since the 70's,  kids dont know what to look for anymore... ?