Dogtrace x20 and new x30

Got the X20 of the fella in clare and he was spot on to deal with and very helpful... Tracker is working great and it very helpful when a dog is marking or popped into ground it give the last known location and brings ya right to the hole entrance.. Won't find them below ground but as a tracker it is spot on and very handy to use and I know a mate who has x30 for a good few seasons and hasn't had any bother at all 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gps4us have never sold the English software a lot of people get mixed up there was no English software until last year when they brought out the Garmin Atemos it was something to do with the frequency

Thanks for the info, they don’t seem a bad set up 

Posted Images

On 19/02/2021 at 11:01, derekbrown said:

Ya I have the x20 dogtrace,as someone else said better to tape the collar to protect it in heavy cover,I've had no problems with mine and I use it a lot but I have it taped.I wouldn't be without it now to be honest.The fella that sells them in Clare I think is a grand guy to deal with as well.

Thanks very much. They sound like they do the job and not as expensive as some of the other brands.

I wonder how they compare with the Garmin?

Yeah a guy in Clare sells them, I'll give him a ring tomorrow.

Thanks

Don't know much about Garmin,but they are twice the price of dogtrace, the dogtrace will lead you to your dogs every time whether they are two hills away or they are marking or even gone to ground, it will bring you to the burrow, I use them on a pack of teagles/springer beagles and I would recommend them 100% and that man in Clare is a pleasure to deal with.

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Thanks very much. They sound like they do the job and not as expensive as some of the other brands.

I wonder how they compare with the Garmin?

Yeah a guy in Clare sells them, I'll give him a ring tomorrow.

Thanks

Rebel there's only 1 fault with them is the charging points 

I find kind of squeeze the collar,its a bad connection, only happening mine recently but they battered to fcuk,if they fail tomorrow at 2 years I can't say much because they are well used,one collar has been on a springer beagle dog on digs lasting hours,I'm surprised it still works but it does,the important thing I think is tape them if your dog is in heavy cover or marking hard.

All trackers garmin or any other are tested on open land or forestries in USA or Europe, the heavy cover we hunt in Ireland and UK would  be a shock to the lads over there,the collars aren't designed for that but in fairness the dogtrace seems to last once you tape it.

• Thanks 1