Dogtrace x20 and new x30

Well lads, tracking our hounds is like people with mobile phones, everyone has them,  (well almost)  had the Garmin Astro with T5s, excellent job for two seasons then crash...  gps4us stopped selling the U.K. software... 

been looking at these new Dogtrace x20 for awhile,  anyone using them and what sort of kit are they? Reviews are mixed...  some excellent, some not accurate...   I’d listen to hunting folk first not a review on the kits selling site... 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gps4us have never sold the English software a lot of people get mixed up there was no English software until last year when they brought out the Garmin Atemos it was something to do with the frequency

Thanks for the info, they don’t seem a bad set up 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Fully cry!! said:

Well lads, tracking our hounds is like people with mobile phones, everyone has them,  (well almost)  had the Garmin Astro with T5s, excellent job for two seasons then crash...  gps4us stopped selling the U.K. software... 

been looking at these new Dogtrace x20 for awhile,  anyone using them and what sort of kit are they? Reviews are mixed...  some excellent, some not accurate...   I’d listen to hunting folk first not a review on the kits selling site... 

I sent my box and collars to gps4us and they put the software on it then sent them back......better to stuck with the devil U know and all that 

On 13/04/2020 at 13:06, Fully cry!! said:

They are a good locator system for the price, I use mine every day and I wouldn't be without it,  British dog are the ones to buy off mate great customer service from advice over the phone to replacing faulty items straight away, the only thing I will say is u will need to wrap duck tape round the rubber bit on collar as I have had two collars replaced within the last 2 years  because they have worn through and exposed the wires but since taping it up I've had no trouble. 

On 13/04/2020 at 13:06, Fully cry!! said:

Gps4us have never sold the English software a lot of people get mixed up there was no English software until last year when they brought out the Garmin Atemos it was something to do with the frequency they run on being close to our emergency services if you buy a Garmin set up from the USA it will use the USA frequency if you buy the Garmin set up from France it will use the French  frequency and so on each country uses different frequency a Garmin hand held from the USA will not connect with a collar from France as they run on different frequency what gps4us used to do was put the USA frequency software on handhelds and collars from other country’s to make them compatible which they have now stopped doing so if your thinking of buying a set up and adding extra collars they need to be brought from the same country as the original set up ? bit long winded but there you go atb B.B. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

They are a good locator system for the price, I use mine every day and I wouldn't be without it,  British dog are the ones to buy off mate great customer service from advice over the phone to replacing faulty items straight away, the only thing I will say is u will need to wrap duck tape round the rubber bit on collar as I have had two collars replaced within the last 2 years  because they have worn through and exposed the wires but since taping it up I've had no trouble. 

Thanks for the info whitefeet, I think most collars give some grief on them points and sometimes knock the GPS of etc....  Do they show hounds at a mark good?  

Yer but there's no GPS mark on them that u can mark for next time u just have to remember where the earth's are, you can set a beeper on it when they stop, so basically when they mark the handset will beep, but also if they stop for a piss it will beep at u, I don't have mi e on to be honest it just gets annoying 

15 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Yer but there's no GPS mark on them that u can mark for next time u just have to remember where the earth's are, you can set a beeper on it when they stop, so basically when they mark the handset will beep, but also if they stop for a piss it will beep at u, I don't have mi e on to be honest it just gets annoying 

Thanks for the info, they don’t seem a bad set up 

• Like 1
On 15/04/2020 at 20:50, bunnyboiler said:

Gps4us have never sold the English software a lot of people get mixed up there was no English software until last year when they brought out the Garmin Atemos it was something to do with the frequency they run on being close to our emergency services if you buy a Garmin set up from the USA it will use the USA frequency if you buy the Garmin set up from France it will use the French  frequency and so on each country uses different frequency a Garmin hand held from the USA will not connect with a collar from France as they run on different frequency what gps4us used to do was put the USA frequency software on handhelds and collars from other country’s to make them compatible which they have now stopped doing so if your thinking of buying a set up and adding extra collars they need to be brought from the same country as the original set up ? bit long winded but there you go atb B.B. 

Cheers BB, sorry I got mixed up in what frequency we used here, heard before we were on USA frequency and not European....I had extra collars from France and set one up once through the gps4us link then they stopped selling it before I done the rest of my collars ?...