Hound barking on everything

2 hours ago, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

Nice looking pack there mate! A cross I would like to get my hands on it a welsh hound x harrier , never seem 1, but have heard heard about a couple of boys working them! 

Id like to see that cross hunt myself, used to follow a pack made-up of mainly welsh and there was some real decent hounds amongst them. 

On 14/04/2020 at 11:47, dogmandont said:

Cant think of anything worse to be honest and it would be cull in any of the small footpacks i follow but they are fox only packs so its understandable but if the hound is keeping you happy and getting you runners a bit of sport then thats all that matters. 

I agree .My dogs are kept for rabbits and them only . Im in payed pest work but I enjoy it  just like sport   . We don't have foxies here in New zealand  but there  other small animals that they dogs would enjoy as  much as chasing rabbits . While most farmers don't want these other pests, they above all want the rabbits controlled ,targeted and hammered .So I only want dogs to target them as that makes for a better team  for the reasons I've outlined. I need the dogs to tell me I need spend more time in that area. Its the owner choice what animals he wants to target for sport.There are no rules ,its just about enjoying the time spend with our great four legged mates .One last point is if you are unhappy with your dog there are good methods to retrain and retarget the dog so to take advantage of the drive that these dogs have  without the outline problem you dont like . I love these types of dogs my self ,highly driven  ,always keen,they love the hunt and I  never get sick spending time with them and hunting wild game .its a blast ,hope you enjoy his company.

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1