BSA Ultra SE multishot .22

Morning guys! This is my first post so be gentle ?

Been shooting my bsa ultra for a while now, but struggling with accuracy consistency! Just wondering what you've all done to yours? (Pellet choice, regulator, tuning, etc) 

All replies appreciated 

Thanks Sion ?

11 minutes ago, villaman said:

Hi and welcome ??
is it a new gun 

have cleaned the barrel with pull through 

what pellets are you using 

have you tried any other pellets

have you shot it through a coronagraph 

Cheers mate ?

Aye, it was brand new when I bought it!

Ye I tend to give it a pull through after every tin! 

I've tried the h & n domed and the bisley domed pellets after being recommended the two!

No mate, havnt tried that, to be completely honest I dont even know what a coronagraph is ?

Probably not the best pellets to use 

Try AA fields 16 gr  , JSB 16 gr , JSB express 14 .4 gr , JSB rs 13.3 gr , falcon accuracy plus 13.4 gr 

chronograph will tell you fps / ftlbs of the pellet  , you should have no more than 10 FPS spread between each pellet , my pcp guns are with in 5 FPS . 
Try and borrow one if you can if not buy one only about £45 and every airgunner should have one ??

• Like 1

mine wasn't grouping to well and I tacked it down to the spring tension in the magazine deforming the pellets,

I pulled the mag to bits and let one turn of tension off and its been fine since no more jam-ups and groups mint now:good:

like villaman above says get a Chronograph, it'll keep you legal and let you know what pellets doing what

As you don't have a reg fitted, if it is anything like the one I had, it would fall off after about 28 shots after a fill of air so your tests want to be done before it starts to vary which means no more than 30 shots max and when testing I used to try to test a pellet in the first 20 shots then top it up again with air. Had I kept it, I was to have a reg fitted and a bigger air cylinder to offer a larger shot count and greater control.

Nice rifles, should never have sold it, mine really gave the best results with JSB exact pellets.

Phil

On 14/04/2020 at 00:07, philpot said:

As you don't have a reg fitted, if it is anything like the one I had, it would fall off after about 28 shots after a fill of air so your tests want to be done before it starts to vary which means no more than 30 shots max and when testing I used to try to test a pellet in the first 20 shots then top it up again with air. Had I kept it, I was to have a reg fitted and a bigger air cylinder to offer a larger shot count and greater control.

Nice rifles, should never have sold it, mine really gave the best results with JSB exact pellets.

Phil

Phil, would you recommend getting a reg fitted? 

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Yes had mine regged with a 325 cylinder 

it gives me about 90 shots per fill 

good guns and with a reg makes them into fantastic guns which will match any top price daystate, pellet for pellet

Really as good as a gaystate ?

6 hours ago, hughes4324 said:

Phil, would you recommend getting a reg fitted? 

Yes for sure.

Villaman is your best reference point here as Mitch has done the mods to his Ultra and is best informed on the subject.

Phil