Hi all. Looking for a bit of help as all vets are shut to none emergency cases so I cant get my pup jabbed up I'm worried the pup although very confident now will be a nervous wreck when finally get it jabbed and am able to take it out. Any advise and/or contacts welcome thanks 

24 minutes ago, Lurcherlurcher said:

Hi all. Looking for a bit of help as all vets are shut to none emergency cases so I cant get my pup jabbed up I'm worried the pup although very confident now will be a nervous wreck when finally get it jabbed and am able to take it out. Any advise and/or contacts welcome thanks 

Don,t panic,a few weeks wait won,t do the pup much harm.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t panic to much fella but it’s probably done you a favour depending how you look at it because you can’t go an meet anyone new with the pup your be pulling your pup away that wants to meet people an there dogs you could potentially set your self up for failure an the dog feeling because your pulling away from people that there danger to your pup that would do it no good in the long run 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

I wouldn’t panic to much fella but it’s probably done you a favour depending how you look at it because you can’t go an meet anyone new with the pup your be pulling your pup away that wants to meet people an there dogs you could potentially set your self up for failure an the dog feeling because your pulling away from people that there danger to your pup that would do it no good in the long run 

Put all your energy in to basic training an playing with the pup make a negative situation in to a positive 

• Like 1
On 12/04/2020 at 19:47, Lurcherlurcher said:

Carry it. Its contact with other dogs and where dogs have been that's the problem. It will see and hear bits and bobs from the garden as well

Tricky one to advise on. The vets over here will sell you things through the door so you could buy the vacc and do it yourself. Is it possible to find one there that would do the same?

Personally I take my pups out before the vacc has taken effect but I go by car to somewhere where I won't meet other dogs. It's still a risk of course ( foxes or strays might have been by) but I take the risk as I run some very rough ground at times and want the pup to grow up running on it as early as possible so it's a risk I take.

Hope it all works out for you mate.

• Like 1
On 15/04/2020 at 15:35, poxon said:

yeah tbh mate that's where I'm at with it now. just trying sort other bits of training while I've got the time. on a side note I managed to get her jabbed today

On 15/04/2020 at 23:17, Maximus Ferret said:

Tricky one to advise on. The vets over here will sell you things through the door so you could buy the vacc and do it yourself. Is it possible to find one there that would do the same?

Personally I take my pups out before the vacc has taken effect but I go by car to somewhere where I won't meet other dogs. It's still a risk of course ( foxes or strays might have been by) but I take the risk as I run some very rough ground at times and want the pup to grow up running on it as early as possible so it's a risk I take.

Hope it all works out for you mate.

yeah my plan was too try source a jab and do it myself but all the vets I spoke to last week weren't interested and none of the dog lads I knew had any. luckily I managed get the first jab done today 

• Like 2