• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ray and I work whippets invading the ring like on wwf at the end 

Told a few people to feck off and bastud and stuff.and shouted scruffy cnut to a lad.

All looks a bit drama club to me....ive got visions of the pair of them sitting on the blower at night to each other " you say this then after that i,ll say this and you get fired up..... " For a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Right I challenge oul jack charlton to a fish off on the ridge pool in ballina 1st to catch 5 salmon wins, need crowd funding for it and a new car or helicopter to get me over to mayo all donations welcome

Stay where you are, I’m more than enough riff raff for one area ! Lol 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Right I challenge oul jack charlton to a fish off on the ridge pool in ballina 1st to catch 5 salmon wins, need crowd funding for it and a new car or helicopter to get me over to mayo all donations welcome

Me and the brother had a chat with him one evening while he was sitting in his motor after a session on the ridge pool. 

Just now, dogmandont said:

Me and the brother had a chat with him one evening while he was sitting in his motor after a session on the ridge pool. 

I seen him down there as well he was on the ridge pool and we were standing on the bridge and he waved up, never got talking to him though, he loved his fly fishing, lucky b*****d got free fishing as he was manager of the republic at the time

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I normally go down south every year, and have spent multiple summers on the moy up round rinanney

I only just got my first ever salmon license mate, the Moy is right on my doorstep really.

Im an hour from Ballina and 20 odd minutes from Swinford.....been here 5 years and it’s criminal really that I never fished for salmon before.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

I only just got my first ever salmon license mate, the Moy is right on my doorstep really.

Im an hour from Ballina and 20 odd minutes from Swinford.....been here 5 years and it’s criminal really that I never fished for salmon before.

Your missing out, swinford has some beautiful fly water, lough conn and Cullen are crackers for the mayfly hatched too and some monster pike. Callow water is nice lakes too gin clear and full of wild fish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Fished for Salmon on the moy when I was 14, we travelled Ireland in a beat up transit van, mum dad and me and brother...spent the full 6 weeks in the end going around the full coast line, ending up at my Grandads in Black rock, Dundalk... 

I only fished the one evening on the moy, caught a pike on a toby and when I first hooked it thought I'd hooked a salmon first try...f**k that was a disappointing catch!! Lol

Only caught salmon in nets, with my Grandad and an old boy who traditionally Seine fished the Exe all his life...

Hooked a few trotting maggots for chub on the tidal Exe, it's an interesting time whilst it lasts, 3lb hook length and running along the bank trying to keep up!! Lol

Good luck mate, that is a beautiful river and one of my favourite places I've ever travelled.. the west coast of Ireland is special! 

• Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

Some beautiful stretches of river on the moy. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Sounds a wise man in this

Iv watched a few non boxing vids of big John, an he's sounds like a genuine man, an a man I like to talk to sometime about a few things. 

When you think about it, when it comes to fighting he gets Al fired up, that's we're the man comes alive, like it or not. 

But outside fighting, he's sounds like a down to earth man, an iv got it on good authority from a man that's knows him well, that he's just that, sound. 

Im sure the fella is sound.....plenty of chaps of our generation are down to earth and sound it comes with the ageing process.....that doesnt mean they havent and dont continue to make an absolute c**t of it from time to time i dont know many perfect people do you ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im sure the fella is sound.....plenty of chaps of our generation are down to earth and sound it comes with the ageing process.....that doesnt mean they havent and dont continue to make an absolute c**t of it from time to time i dont know many perfect people do you ?

And he done his time for his crime, which is fair enough. And don't know the full detales of what happened, but the gist of it, he gouged a bloke eye out. Now with all seen red  when we've lost our heads, that's putting the boot in, etc, I wouldn't use a blade, purely /simply ido nt want to get sent down   a nothing fills me with dread, than being banged up with some fooker you hate 24/7, so very good reason for me not to use a blade. But  if got the better of a bloke  in fight, I leave him  once he couldn't get up, then walk a way, but to take bloke eye out, eye sight one of the most pressures thing in life, you can crippled, deaf which I am with only 50% of my earing,  but  being blind or near enough one eye,  pure c**ts trick, scum. In my mind. But I will say he does know about his boxing deff! 

• Like 1