On 11/04/2020 at 11:32, zandy01 said:

Knowing what your budget is and what you’d like to photograph would help in advising you ?

Around 4 or 5 hundred . I’d like to try and got some shots of foxes and badgers 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bedo said:

Around 4 or 5 hundred . I’d like to try and got some shots of foxes and badgers 

You’re probably best going for a bridge camera - it’s like a hybrid of compact/dslr...

something like a Nikon P900 would suit your budget and needs I would say...

Then if you find your getting the use out of it and starting to understand basic settings, you could upgrade to a full DSLR ?

• Like 2

I use a Panasonic Lumix FZ 150 it gives you 24x zoom which give not bad shots. They are easy to use as you can give results on auto till you get used to all the settings. I can't find that camera as I have had it a while. But did find Panasonic Lumix FZ 200 which also has 24x zoom for about £350.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

I have an Olympus sp 810uz which has 36x optical zoom, my decent bird pics are taken with it but my laptop's fecked so can't upload pics from it.

Same as Arrays more or less and same comments. Was about £200 5 years or so back.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
On 12/04/2020 at 18:54, zandy01 said:

You’re probably best going for a bridge camera - it’s like a hybrid of compact/dslr...

something like a Nikon P900 would suit your budget and needs I would say...

Then if you find your getting the use out of it and starting to understand basic settings, you could upgrade to a full DSLR ?

Been reading up on that Nikon P900 Andy that is some zoom and a big chip, Might just be my next camera.

Cheers Arry