Thought I would change the brake fluid on my wife's car.

I should of know it's going to go bad when I tried the first nipple and it snapped off.

So I loosens the hose and went to remove the caliper....18mm....don't have anything 18mm. Spent next ten minutes digging out my imperial spanners to find a fitting spanner. That done I fill the easy bleed kit and connect to the brake reservoir. Only that when I pressured the easy bleed bottle I had forgotten to close the air valve! Within seconds I had the contents of the bottle of fluid all over the engine bay!

I reversed my steps, put it all back together, wash out the sprayed fluid and wondered why I bothered!

Next I thought I would use that old can of stove paint to spray some crow deeks that needed a refresh. Spray can not spraying! So what does I do....that's right, pressed the valve in with a small screw driver only to get black stove paint all over my hand! At that I went and got a bath and got in bed! I give up! Hand is still black...black as a crows arse in fact!

• Haha 1