13 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Impossible in the building game mate, unless you only employ 1 or 2.... the demand on labour for work means you have to take the risks..I get you completely but I can honestly say in nearly 25 years at and employing most of that time, probably 100s I trust completely around 2 of them, ones my brother and the other is my brother in law...

You come to expect it, but it hurts more if you invest time and some amount of friendship into them...twice its bitten me quite bad...it wont again cause I'll never employ big numbers in the building game again...sub contract 90% and you can drop them like they drop you..

It is possible... im not asking you im telling you.

The saying " better to go to war with 5 lions rather than 500 sheep " is never more apt than when theres a pound note up for grabs be that in the building game or any other game if i cant trust the person below me how can i possibly expect to trust the person below him....doesnt matter if your undercutting someone on a building contract,dealing motors or carving up the readies from a bank job if you dont trust the people with and around you then its on you not them.

• Like 4

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And theres your problem....if you would help anyone in business then dont expect to be in business for very long. If im letting someone into my life or my business i want to know i can trust them

I know the feeling mate... Very few lads ever work for you that give a f**k about you, they say the right things to your face cause you pay the wages...but 99% will go wherever the money is...or

Maybe I should of worked for you then? ? I’m not disputing any of that mate & I’m not saying any of what’s gone on for the op is acceptable, it’s just the loyalty thing has never been a big thing

Sounds a bit under handed but business is a ruthless game it’s took me a long time to realise that if you want to set up on your own It’s every man for himself I’ve spent my life being loyal to company’s/employers an worked hard for these people I’ve asked for some advanced training an been told No! So you know what happens next it’s a case of set up business your self if it means undercutting them along the way to get in the position you need to be in so be it there’s no friends in business if enemy’s are made along the way so be it 

1 hour ago, Wales1234 said:

We had to get rid of a apprentice , iv never met a kid like him , questioned how much jobs were , questioned were other boys were working and how much they were doing , would ask contract managers how much we charge for jobs then complain about his wage and how much we was earning haha 17 mind , kid was pretty decent at his job but the dull fecker would try and slag me and brother off to each other as if we wouldn’t speak haha he would complain if one of us was on the phone for to long aswell crazy 

What's wrong with that ?

3 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

What's wrong with that ?

Because he’s a 1st year apprentice and we are his bosses , would you have someone questioning absolutely everything that goes on in your business I wouldn’t have a qualified spark doing that never mind a kid 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Because he’s a 1st year apprentice and we are his bosses , would you have someone questioning absolutely everything that goes on in your business I wouldn’t have a qualified spark doing that never mind a kid 

It's the way of the new world

Think big, expand, and I'm not talking waistbands here

You know ?

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The saying " better to go to war with 5 lions rather than 500 sheep " is never more apt than when theres a pound note up for grabs be that in the building game or any other game if i cant trust the person below me how can i possibly expect to trust the person below him....doesnt matter if your undercutting someone on a building contract,dealing motors or carving up the readies from a bank job if you dont trust the people with and around you then its on you not them.

I get what saying but that's the thing nash I did trust him he gave me no reason not to but it's done now but reading this thread has made me realise one thing I have been to soft and trusting and when this corana finally ends I can see a bad recession coming so it will be down to manning up then 

I know there is a lot of employers that treat their employees well but there is even more that treat them like dirt and drop them like a hot stone when and if it suits them. All this talk about lads being trustworthy reliable and honest towards their bosses is ok if it goes both ways which is very rarely the case. 

• Like 3

Most employees Will try put a spanner in the works,slag you off to the customers,f**k the vans up ,allways dout the way you go about your work.never just get on,and find stuff to do,have to be told.price work normally straightens the c....s out.its about time,this worrying time were in will make em realise how good they actually had it.

17 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Most employees Will try put a spanner in the works,slag you off to the customers,f**k the vans up ,allways dout the way you go about your work.never just get on,and find stuff to do,have to be told.price work normally straightens the c....s out.its about time,this worrying time were in will make em realise how good they actually had it.

And make decent lads realise the shower of shite they’ve been loyal to for decades don’t give a rats ass about them. 

Edited by dogmandont

Im loyal to my lads mate,looked sfter them like my kids,never underpaid,or give them half days money cause rained off,even i lost money on it.lent them anything they,ve wanted.if in pub never expected them buy my beers,ive allways got the Bill,tryied to help them on thier way up the ladder of life.i will even work on sat,sundsys with them if they want the money.but what im saying is,its been to good,easy,for too long.they expect top money for not really grafting.this corana should sort out that.be that good or bad

• Like 4
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Fair enough mate, weve all seen enough of the world to know what's right and wrong..and I agree with what you have said...

I just know I'm a pretty decent judge of character and its happened to me twice... if you have 20 sites running and you have to fill it with labour, you are exposed to contractors nicking your staff and the staff tapping up the contractor...its sly but it happens...

As I've said before there arent many I trust completely and as bad as it sounds I use labour the same as they use me now....

• Like 1
3 hours ago, twobob said:

How's your lot keV is fin bored or you keeping him busy

We're all good thanks Bob...Fin is doing bits and pieces with me around the place, yaps to his mates over the computer or games console or whatever the f**k it is...

Had to go in self isolation straight away for the Mrs sake, so its been 4 weeks o think now....nothing I can do about it so wont start moaning...lol

Hope you're all ok mate, look forward to a catch up..

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

We had to get rid of a apprentice , iv never met a kid like him , questioned how much jobs were , questioned were other boys were working and how much they were doing , would ask contract managers how much we charge for jobs then complain about his wage and how much we was earning haha 17 mind , kid was pretty decent at his job but the dull fecker would try and slag me and brother off to each other as if we wouldn’t speak haha he would complain if one of us was on the phone for to long aswell crazy 

Sounds an irritating little twat Ow...lol

13 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Im loyal to my lads mate,looked sfter them like my kids,never underpaid,or give them half days money cause rained off,even i lost money on it.lent them anything they,ve wanted.if in pub never expected them buy my beers,ive allways got the Bill,tryied to help them on thier way up the ladder of life.i will even work on sat,sundsys with them if they want the money.but what im saying is,its been to good,easy,for too long.they expect top money for not really grafting.this corana should sort out that.be that good or bad

FairPlay if that’s how you treat your lads but you are definitely in the minority,