It's how it's been done and how he has gone about it that's narked if  he came and talked to me about it I would of helped him the jobs he has took im not really bothered about because ones hard work to get paid of but it doesn't seem uncommon but someone planted the idea in his head and it has been planned for a while 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And theres your problem....if you would help anyone in business then dont expect to be in business for very long. If im letting someone into my life or my business i want to know i can trust them

I know the feeling mate... Very few lads ever work for you that give a f**k about you, they say the right things to your face cause you pay the wages...but 99% will go wherever the money is...or

Maybe I should of worked for you then? ? I’m not disputing any of that mate & I’m not saying any of what’s gone on for the op is acceptable, it’s just the loyalty thing has never been a big thing

13 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Cheers kid but it has narked me I like him as we'll it just feels underneath and I don't like that because I will help anyone

And theres your problem....if you would help anyone in business then dont expect to be in business for very long.

If im letting someone into my life or my business i want to know i can trust them with my life and my business....im going to study their character,test their character....but if im not getting anything out of it then its just charity....theres being a nice,decent chap and then theres being a soft touch.

Dont get me wrong we all slip up from time to time ive been a soft touch myself occasionally but never in business.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

And theres your problem....if you would help anyone in business then dont expect to be in business for very long.

If im letting someone into my life or my business i want to know i can trust them with my life and my business....im going to study their character,test their character....but if im not getting anything out of it then its just charity....theres being a nice,decent chap and then theres being a soft touch.

Dont get me wrong we all slip up from time to time ive been a soft touch myself occasionally but never in business.

Lot of truth in this, ive walked away from from some possible good gigs because ive listened to my 6th sense.

May have missed out on some thing positive along the line, but im pretty sure the negative things ive missed out on far outweigh.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'm a firm believer in lads going on and making it on their own, I've 4 subbie gangs that work for us all trained with us and learnt there trade, and I'm happy to give them work...you shouldn't ever stop people wanting to progress...

But the difference is when you do offer help, training, support etc and its thrown back in your face when they lie and set up.in their own with their first stop, your customer base...they know them as their on site working for you sowing the seeds, undercutting and generally showing they are snakes...

I directly employed 30 2 years ago, with around 50 sub contractors on at the same time... how many do you think were loyal to me, the company or anything else other than the wage?? I know...

I get it completely, I've not been employed since I was 18 so I'm used to working for myself and used to employing people.... a few on here could probably vouch for the way I treat people in work, I don't expect it back as you rarely get it..

Capitalist pig

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Balaur said:

How you holding up in these strange times Bob...

Ian orate Joe still working so just seems same other than I can't have a drink on way home how's the lads doing

• Like 2
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Impossible in the building game mate, unless you only employ 1 or 2.... the demand on labour for work means you have to take the risks..I get you completely but I can honestly say in nearly 25 years at and employing most of that time, probably 100s I trust completely around 2 of them, ones my brother and the other is my brother in law...

You come to expect it, but it hurts more if you invest time and some amount of friendship into them...twice its bitten me quite bad...it wont again cause I'll never employ big numbers in the building game again...sub contract 90% and you can drop them like they drop you..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, twobob said:

Ian orate Joe still working so just seems same other than I can't have a drink on way home how's the lads doing

Good to hear you're well Bob, still.hoping we can.have a beer or 2 come August....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

They're loving it mate, see me every day, bike rides and BBQs here. Will need to start sticking some metal together soon but enjoying it whilst it lasts, 

Make the most of it they will be young men in no time and you'll be a old fart that dunt understand lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had to get rid of a apprentice , iv never met a kid like him , questioned how much jobs were , questioned were other boys were working and how much they were doing , would ask contract managers how much we charge for jobs then complain about his wage and how much we was earning haha 17 mind , kid was pretty decent at his job but the dull fecker would try and slag me and brother off to each other as if we wouldn’t speak haha he would complain if one of us was on the phone for to long aswell crazy