Goshawk tail guards

George h 87

30 minutes ago, david901 said:

Hi Moorman

I've never used the Meng perch and it looks horrible to me LOL, but the guys who use them in USA like you say, seem to think they're great.

I read an article explaining their use and it did make sense to me.

I think you would have to get a metalworker to manufacture one for you. Pretty sure someone could provide the dimensions.

Out of curiosity, is your Gos a PR or an imprint.

Cheers

Lol I thought the same but like you said when I read the explanation of how it works, it makes sense. I'm thinking about looking into getting one sourced.

She is PR but very steady.

Regards Mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Lol I thought the same but like you said when I read the explanation of how it works, it makes sense. I'm thinking about looking into getting one sourced.

She is PR but very steady.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark

Perhaps a highish rotating ring perch would suit. Most Goshawks seem to do fairly well on them.

I must admit that although I've got a female imprint, my personal favourite is a Gos raised by an imprint.

They come out steady and with sympathetic manning, seem to become very tame and steady in a short while.

Out of curiosity, can I ask who bred her?

Good luck with her.

David

3 hours ago, david901 said:

Hi Mark

Perhaps a highish rotating ring perch would suit. Most Goshawks seem to do fairly well on them.

I must admit that although I've got a female imprint, my personal favourite is a Gos raised by an imprint.

They come out steady and with sympathetic manning, seem to become very tame and steady in a short while.

Out of curiosity, can I ask who bred her?

Good luck with her.

David

Hi David 

Yes I have a nice five foot stainless rotating ring perch that I will try her on later.

When I bought mine I was told that she was an imprint but since tracking down the breeder and talking to him, I was told that she is parent reared and was kept and flown by the breeder. She was bred by Martin Bannister.

Thank you! and the same to you with yours.

Mark

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 03/05/2020 at 16:23, Moorman 1 said:

Hi David 

Yes I have a nice five foot stainless rotating ring perch that I will try her on later.

When I bought mine I was told that she was an imprint but since tracking down the breeder and talking to him, I was told that she is parent reared and was kept and flown by the breeder. She was bred by Martin Bannister.

Thank you! and the same to you with yours.

Mark

Seen couple martins birds they were very very steady birds I whent his couple month back have look at a female pr she was a steady bird , how old is the bird you’ve had just curious if it was same bird I went look At ??

On 08/09/2020 at 13:26, Elchapo said:

Seen couple martins birds they were very very steady birds I whent his couple month back have look at a female pr she was a steady bird , how old is the bird you’ve had just curious if it was same bird I went look At ??

Only just seen this post, yes it was the same bird!