Deerhound x greyhound pup

The cross kept meat on the table in Oz in the old days(roo mainly) and it was said one of the old time roo dogs were capable of dispatching a dingo single handed.They mainly used two for roos,one to tip them running  or bail bigger roos and the other to get a throat hold.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy with my deerhound greyhound pup , the mrs has named him Boris for gods sake he’s a good natured little thing 

First cross growing nice 6 month old got it from a lad on here 

My cuzen has just got a lovely deerhound cross bitch pupy 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The cross kept meat on the table in Oz in the old days(roo mainly) and it was said one of the old time roo dogs were capable of dispatching a dingo single handed.They mainly used two for roos,one to tip them running  or bail bigger roos and the other to get a throat hold.

Me old uncle bruce used a single whippet 4 that lark 

Fair dinkum I say

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, Black neck said:

Me old uncle bruce used a single whippet 4 that lark 

Fair dinkum I say

My little blue whippet stag put a 6ft roo on the ground and had it by the throat after it attacked me when ferreting,she got stitches from that and it nearly grabbed me dragging her off it.I had a mate gutted and killed by a roo after he shot it and walked up to it.Just for the record , fair dinkum and cobber were last used here in the 1950's "ya pommy b*****ds" ?.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

My little blue whippet stag put a 6ft roo on the ground and had it by the throat after it attacked me when ferreting,she got stitches from that and it nearly grabbed me dragging her off it.I had a mate gutted and killed by a roo after he shot it and walked up to it.Just for the record , fair dinkum and cobber were last used here in the 1950's "ya pommy b*****ds" ?.

Uncle Bruce had an English whippet ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Seen ote of sirblessed  that was on here hes an ozzie so u must know him

I was wondering what happened to him myself.He lives around 800 km from me but his brindle bitch is a sister from a later litter than my blue bitch.Such a small number of running dog people here.Have never met him in person but hope he's ok.I don't know all 25 000 000 people though lol.