Deerhound x greyhound pup

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy with my deerhound greyhound pup , the mrs has named him Boris for gods sake he’s a good natured little thing 

First cross growing nice 6 month old got it from a lad on here 

My cuzen has just got a lovely deerhound cross bitch pupy 

Posted Images

lovely looking strong pup, just my type, always had a soft spot for the deerhound x greyhounds,   give him plenty of time to mature and enjoy the sport you will have with it, incidentally who bred  the pup.

Got him off a farmer down Leicester way his mother and father are deerhound greyhounds , I spoke to Dave Platt and he says he’s a 12 generation or something not entirely sure what he means by that but that’s what he said the sire is off his strain  , yes mate shouting Boris is a bit of a name to be shouting especially at the minute ?? , I’m well happy with him to be fair his recall is a bit bad but he’s only a pup and he will get plenty time to come good , I’ll put some pics of sire and dam on he looks more like his dad to be fair 

DE32A31E-6B2B-4A67-A60B-CD3E28801F14.png

DBD5A737-2F3E-48EE-AFC4-397927959020.jpeg

06F76216-F7C7-4116-A2AE-5AA28F886A72.jpeg

• Like 3

I had a lot of fun with my old one , bred similar 1st cross to 1st cross . Got him at about 18 months and he was absolutely useless for until he was about 3 , always seemed he couldn't control his legs or how fast they could go . He was never a world beater and it took ages for him to turn in a field but when he was motoring it was a sight , properly fast and the way he picked up rabbits was something special to watch . 

Good luck with your one he looks a nice pup .

On 07/04/2020 at 09:32, Alex Crawford said:

Got him off a farmer down Leicester way his mother and father are deerhound greyhounds , I spoke to Dave Platt and he says he’s a 12 generation or something not entirely sure what he means by that but that’s what he said the sire is off his strain  , yes mate shouting Boris is a bit of a name to be shouting especially at the minute ?? , I’m well happy with him to be fair his recall is a bit bad but he’s only a pup and he will get plenty time to come good , I’ll put some pics of sire and dam on he looks more like his dad to be fair 

DE32A31E-6B2B-4A67-A60B-CD3E28801F14.png

DBD5A737-2F3E-48EE-AFC4-397927959020.jpeg

06F76216-F7C7-4116-A2AE-5AA28F886A72.jpeg

Jackie sykes finnegan dog. 10th generation 

On 08/04/2020 at 00:30, runner neil said:

Got him at about 18 months and he was absolutely useless for until he was about 3

Some pig hunters here get one and expect it to be working by 9 months then shoot as useless, when if they persisted would have ended up with a great hunting dog.The good thing is some of these dickheads will give away a" useless" pup of this cross, lol.

• Like 2