got bored started to play chess

after doing most jobs that needed doing and reloading up to my limits i found the chess titans on my little laptop.not played since the early nineties maybe so i am very rusty.slowly getting back into it.had to put it on level one to stand any chance though.not happy with the game though as it blooody cheats.usually i have 6-7 pieces left and the computer has only the king and it keeps saying it is a draw statistically.so i have to keep undoing the last move and repalying untill i finally get checkmate.never going to be any good at it but it does waste some time and exercises the old grey matter

• Like 3

I like a game of chess but i cant be doing with playing online or these machines you get its just not the same....the opponent has to be infront of you,if i cant mentally intimidate opponents and pressure them into mistakes i normally lose ?

• Haha 1

That’s a great idea ?

Im using this time to get better at things . I’ve had my expenses cut down by this period and Ive got a few things I’ve been meaning to for the kids etc. 

Physically I want to be better at skipping, dips and I’ve started doing the Armstrong pull up programme . 

Mentally I’m doing a project management and risk management course online at night. Additionally I’ve a sneaky feeling that work will pull the rug out under my feet soon so I’m trying to protect that by getting ahead with admin. 

In addition to occupying two kids , training , housework (we were meant to move on Monday ) it’s all go . 

But healthy body , healthy mind etc. I’ve found a new love of fruit smoothies and I’m feeling really well eating properly and getting jobs done . 

• Like 2

Never got my head around to play chess though I do find it interesting, mate at work plays online and is seamly quite good, he plays bullet chess on his dinner break think the games takes about a minute

Edited by steve66
6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s a great idea ?

Im using this time to get better at things . I’ve had my expenses cut down by this period and Ive got a few things I’ve been meaning to for the kids etc. 

Physically I want to be better at skipping, dips and I’ve started doing the Armstrong pull up programme . 

Mentally I’m doing a project management and risk management course online at night. Additionally I’ve a sneaky feeling that work will pull the rug out under my feet soon so I’m trying to protect that by getting ahead with admin. 

In addition to occupying two kids , training , housework (we were meant to move on Monday ) it’s all go . 

But healthy body , healthy mind etc. I’ve found a new love of fruit smoothies and I’m feeling really well eating properly and getting jobs done . 

Zzzzzzz......zzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzz

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s a great idea ?

I thowt I was a boring owd fart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I like a game of chess but i cant be doing with playing online or these machines you get its just not the same....the opponent has to be infront of you,if i cant mentally intimidate opponents and pressure them into mistakes i normally lose ?

my young lad does that  when he plays anything and when that doesn't work and  he's still  losing board goes flying normally it's his autism hates losing at anything no matter what it is and if he loses he has to go back till he wins hates coming second but does think about how and why he lost 

Edited by Blackmag
On 08/04/2020 at 11:53, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s a great idea ?

Skipping down the road for your daily exercise.I bet you look right macho.Joking aside my first meal of the day after ive had my morning walk and litre of water is a fruit and veg smoothie with five different seeds in there.Ive been doing it for about 6months now.Great way to guarantee im getting at least the recommended 5 a day.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Skipping down the road for your daily exercise.I bet you look right macho.Joking aside my first meal of the day after ive had my morning walk and litre of water is a fruit and veg smoothie with five different seeds in there.Ive been doing it for about 6months now.Great way to guarantee im getting at least the recommended 5 a day.

Edited by shaaark
20 hours ago, Blackmag said:

my young lad does that  when he plays anything and when that doesn't work and  he's still  losing board goes flying normally it's his autism hates losing at anything no matter what it is and if he loses he has to go back till he wins hates coming second but does think about how and why he lost 

Oh no i dont go silly with it if i lose then such is life but im going to do whatever it takes to win.....90% of my games are with the same mate ive been playing for 30 odd years we can start a game in January,leave it all set up over in a corner and take a few moves every week or so and be finished by about April ?....he,s got a couple of quid more than he needs so theres usually a nice little wager on it i reckon we,re probably about even over the years but its been an enjoyable yet tense part of our friendship......thats why i couldnt be doing with computer chess i need at least half a day to think a move through ?

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Missus's grandfather is a big Ukrainian town chess champion, drinks a fair bit of local moonshine, great player by all accounts . I showed up in the park where they play and he took me on, tried moving my pieces so I said I'll lose on my own cheers and I did in about 6 moves...it can seem a little preplanned with the decent players in the sense that they all seem to start the same, thinking I might try and learn it a bit, although beaten a few experienced players with my kamakasi style....

I think its a fascinating game,ive only ever played a couple of really good players and got absolutely mullered but from my learnings of the game over the years you need to have a set style that you regularly play to.....i tend to go with my mood on the day and you just cant do that really good players are predicting 4 and 5 moves infront and take their time in picking you apart they dont always see glory in the quick finish....it was explained to me using the boxing analogy of a counter puncher walking you onto a big left hook....as long as the fight go,s you just dont recover from it.

• Like 1