got the mountain bike out

31 minutes ago, kanny said:

You can buy conversation kits to to turn your regular bike into  a electric ,might be a cheaper option if you already have a decent bike, I think it's the way I'm going to go .

My boss just bought an electric bike 3k+  you can get a good conversation kit for under 500 

They are fantastic I could not believe how good they were. My brother in law came back and bought one each for him and his mrs. Think he paid about £1500 to £1800 will ask him.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done a 6 miler, lovely. Cheers, D.  

Just had an hr up the feild with my lad on his electric motorbike.... Pulls me along and up the hills?  

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Out of likes, but think I need one was well ?. Where was that out by cannop ponds? 

No but not far away think it was call Dean Forest Cycles think it had a steam railway near by and a Pub up the road a bit. Also I think he told me the sell some off every year secondhand. Might be a good time to ask as bookings for this year must be f****d.

Parkend I think mate.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
15 minutes ago, Arry said:

No but not far away think it was call Dean Forest Cycles think it had a steam railway near by and a Pub up the road a bit. Also I think he told me the sell some off every year secondhand. Might be a good time to ask as bookings for this year must be f****d.

Cheers Arry

Sounds like Parkend just down the road, you ever up there again next village on bream got chip shop with great chips. I used to live other side of bream outside of Coleford ?

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Sounds like Parkend just down the road, you ever up there again next village on bream got chip shop with great chips. I used to live other side of bream outside of Coleford ?

Had a week up they're loved it. I can't praise the Forest management up enough the tracks are fantastic so well kept. Cannop ponds was just few minutes away from the cottage we stayed in.

Wish I'd had known the about the Chips though before thats away useful when somewhere different.

Cheers Arry

8 minutes ago, Arry said:

Had a week up they're loved it. I can't praise the Forest management up enough the tracks are fantastic so well kept. Cannop ponds was just few minutes away from the cottage we stayed in.

Wish I'd had known the about the Chips though before thats away useful when somewhere different.

Cheers Arry

Yeah I loved living up there the  woods were at bottom of the road that ran alongside my house, could walk all through to bream. Another good walk/ride  is cannop ponds  you could do that from Parkend, I parked up at cannop an me an my eldest ride to Parkend cricket pitch and back. That was few year ago now. 

Cheers Arry

Yeah I loved living up there the  woods were at bottom of the road that ran alongside my house, could walk all through to bream. Another good walk/ride  is cannop ponds  you could do that from Parkend, I parked up at cannop an me an my eldest ride to Parkend cricket pitch and back. That was few year ago now. 

8 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I walked down to the ponds one evening to the green area with the car park and crept up to the left to a area of scrub with my camera and bins looking for the Boar. As I walked slow and as quiet as I could through this area that had been felled some years before then grown over. The brambles ferns erupted the bloody Sow and piglets were about three feet away, I nearly shit myself and never got a photo.

The next day wifey says there they are fifty yard from the cottage lol.

Cheers Arry

5 minutes ago, Arry said:

I walked down to the ponds one evening to the green area with the car park and crept up to the left to a area of scrub with my camera and bins looking for the Boar. As I walked slow and as quiet as I could through this area that had been felled some years before then grown over. The brambles ferns erupted the bloody Sow and piglets were about three feet away, I nearly shit myself and never got a photo.

Cheers Arry

Yeah they like the flat grass areas ound there.  Been close to a few up the nags head nature reserve there. 

Cheers Arry

Yeah they like the flat grass areas round there.  Been close to a few up the nags head nature reserve there. 

1 hour ago, Arry said:

This is what I will be on if I get another. Lol. Hired this one when I was stayed in the Forest of Dean. Electric bloody fantastic.

P1190150.jpeg.33a469182ec04f8dd4811802668d1169.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Had an hour on a Yeti ebike at a demo day last year some piece of kit but at over 8 grand I’ll be sticking with peddle power for another while yet. In saying that there’s some very good e MTBs at well under half that. 

well got out again in the morning.went up the hill again no stopping and it did feel a little easier.did my usual route around the top of the hill then went down one of the steep paths through the tree,s to the half way point up the hill.took the steepest bit i could find for the rest of the way down.then down the road for a bit of speed but the tyre blew within 500y.long walk home to my house was about 2hrs.got back and the tyre itself had degraded so the sidewalls were fecked,could see daylight through them.innertube itself was shagged too.halfords are the only bike shop open so i had to get a new tyre and innertube so should be good to go again on thursday after some rest.did enjoy the first part of the ride though.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Arry said:

They are fantastic I could not believe how good they were. My brother in law came back and bought one each for him and his mrs. Think he paid about £1500 to £1800 will ask him.

Cheers Arry

Well Asked my Brother in Law He paid £2500 but researched it big time, also got 2 bike racks for free and sold one on eBay. He has done thousands of miles on it loves it. The other thing he said was look for end of season deals when new models are coming out, September'ish. Obviously the better the bike the more you pay, but could start at about £1500.

Cheers Arry

On 07/04/2020 at 00:05, Flacko said:

What bike you recommend for a bit road& off road  ?

Gravel bike/adventure bike bud best for both worlds then and can just swap wheels and tyres over and you have a road bike check them out. There are loads of videos on YouTube on gravel bikes 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Gravel bike/adventure bike bud best for both worlds then and can just swap wheels and tyres over and you have a road bike check them out. There are loads of videos on YouTube on gravel bikes 

Watched video of one cycling around portland yesterday, seems like everyone's got one nowadays ?

Thats it! 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Watched video of one cycling around portland yesterday, seems like everyone's got one nowadays ?

Thats it! 

Yeah that's the ones. I've never heard of them untill last week and I've looked into loads of them as I'm after a new bike one to go off by myself and also one for bike rides with the family and these just look like a grate all round bike. Found one at halfords that I'll be buying on Friday 

• Like 1