got the mountain bike out

well as the restrictions say no to most car travel and only bikes seem allowed out due to being able to exercise i got the old bike out of the garage.been a few years and the front trye was puntured and the back was fecked.had to fix punture on the front and the new kits to fix punctures have changed a lot.rear tyre was replaced but put back on the wrong way around doh but eventually all was sorted.out on the road it is a lot harder than on the bike in the gym fecking wind was in my face all the way to leckhampton hill.nearest challenge and to be fair it was hard work but as usual i got up in one go with no stops.not to bad for a first attempt at going up there in many years.had a bit off a play up there are some of the tracks and was very happy to still be able to manage all the steep parts on the way down.managed to get some real speed up on the road and some dope kept blocking me in a car and was just in the way.so nice to be able to cycle safely through town with little to no pedestrians in the way i made swift progress.was actually really enjoying being back out on the bike.got home in what felt like 8 mins.good news i still feel good today(no aches,pain) so i will be back out on the bike again this week

• Like 5

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done a 6 miler, lovely. Cheers, D.  

Just had an hr up the feild with my lad on his electric motorbike.... Pulls me along and up the hills?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, .357shooter said:

well as the restrictions say no to most car travel and only bikes seem allowed out due to being able to exercise i got the old bike out of the garage.been a few years and the front trye was puntured and the back was fecked.had to fix punture on the front and the new kits to fix punctures have changed a lot.rear tyre was replaced but put back on the wrong way around doh but eventually all was sorted.out on the road it is a lot harder than on the bike in the gym fecking wind was in my face all the way to leckhampton hill.nearest challenge and to be fair it was hard work but as usual i got up in one go with no stops.not to bad for a first attempt at going up there in many years.had a bit off a play up there are some of the tracks and was very happy to still be able to manage all the steep parts on the way down.managed to get some real speed up on the road and some dope kept blocking me in a car and was just in the way.so nice to be able to cycle safely through town with little to no pedestrians in the way i made swift progress.was actually really enjoying being back out on the bike.got home in what felt like 8 mins.good news i still feel good today(no aches,pain) so i will be back out on the bike again this week

Only started mountain biking last year and am loving it but don’t have any trails local so I’m just sticking 50 psi in the tyres and doing an hour round the back roads, nothing like riding the trails but will have to do for now. Stick at it anyway it’ll do ye the world of good. 

3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Only started mountain biking last year and am loving it but don’t have any trails local so I’m just sticking 50 psi in the tyres and doing an hour round the back roads, nothing like riding the trails but will have to do for now. Stick at it anyway it’ll do ye the world of good. 

You ever go to the mournes or tollymore forest? There’s also a good place in ards called the lead mines it’s real good tracks in it

2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

You ever go to the mournes or tollymore forest? There’s also a good place in ards called the lead mines it’s real good tracks in it

Been to rostrevor a few times len and once to the GAP outside Dublin but besides them it’s been darvagh forest or garvagh forest every weekend, we were planning to get round most of the decent trails over the summer hopefully we’ll be able to. 

1 hour ago, Arry said:

This is what I will be on if I get another. Lol. Hired this one when I was stayed in the Forest of Dean. Electric bloody fantastic.

P1190150.jpeg.33a469182ec04f8dd4811802668d1169.jpeg

Cheers Arry

You can buy conversation kits to to turn your regular bike into  a electric ,might be a cheaper option if you already have a decent bike, I think it's the way I'm going to go .

My boss just bought an electric bike 3k+  you can get a good conversation kit for under 500 

DSC_0390.JPG

• Like 1