Better times ?

So as I’m under house arrest I’ve been flicking through some old and not so old pictures I have saved, trying to remember what normal life is like and I thought I’d start a new topic and put a couple up to show what we are all missing and waiting for again, hopefully you lot can add a few or a couple of shooting tails ?

me and my sheep farmer mate ‘mosh’ first time I ever took him pigeon shooting

pest control on the geese, I must of been in my 20’s there because the gun is an old lanber that was my first O/U

a bunch of rabbits shot from the combine as the cut wheat, a really fun way to shoot bolting rabbits from the crop, again with the lanber, so this was good few years ago 

AE3B4F4C-2927-4A01-8F2E-C3CD3F18C9F6.jpeg

D5224988-2685-4008-AD46-6EE748DFD05F.jpeg

E0DF124E-FF83-4B5E-9418-3C36416AA31E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So as I’m under house arrest I’ve been flicking through some old and not so old pictures I have saved, trying to remember what normal life is like and I thought I’d start a new topic and put a couple

got to agree with the goose shooting, there either way to high 60yrd to the left or right of you or ten foot above your head while you've got a cup of coffee in your hand? this was my first half

Posted Images

Fox shooting with little Hugo’s dad, looking at the crop I’d guess this was around July time

out just after Christmas one year with mosh, his first brace of partridge 

me with a couple of teal, walked up ruff shooting 

F3E660C5-1587-48BA-9BD1-09BDE28F3CAF.jpeg

1A5070CA-742C-40ED-B7AF-FFF16EB5204D.jpeg

F122BE69-F03C-49BE-AD4F-050D461212C4.jpeg

• Like 5

A cracking day at the shoot, I’d say this was about 5 years ago, because the kid on the left is one of the lads I take out with the rifles now, as you can see from the other picture he’s all grown up now and in the last year of school ?

05564296-E68F-4FC5-8BD6-E86C25227337.jpeg

07D669B4-4E64-472F-87DE-BBCAF3C2D75D.jpeg

• Like 3

Out on the geese, pest control at a place that used to breed ornamental ducks, this must of been a long time ago because Mosh looks about 12 and he’s 9 years older than me

( join in lads, let’s have a few pics ?)

7FE77919-12D7-41B6-8553-C1E594D0F375.jpeg

E3EDB824-5130-4FB9-8B5D-02EEEFF3DE50.jpeg

C6CC15E1-F4BE-49E4-B3B2-968BA7867069.jpeg

• Like 4

Happy times. Goose shooting is a real buzz. Me and mate went out on a full moon by a splash one night near the end of the season. It was magical with ducks cruising around under the moon and we turned half a dozen geese towards but fluffed the shooting. Can't wait to try it again 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, terryd said:

Happy times. Goose shooting is a real buzz. Me and mate went out on a full moon by a splash one night near the end of the season. It was magical with ducks cruising around under the moon and we turned half a dozen geese towards but fluffed the shooting. Can't wait to try it again 

I love duck and goose shooting, it amazes me that you only need a puddle in a field and you can have some of the best shooting you will ever have, the speed the ducks come in is unbelievable and when shooting geese you would think it would be easy going off the size of them but I’ve missed a lot ?

48 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I love duck and goose shooting, it amazes me that you only need a puddle in a field and you can have some of the best shooting you will ever have, the speed the ducks come in is unbelievable and when shooting geese you would think it would be easy going off the size of them but I’ve missed a lot ?

My introduction to shotgun shooting was estuary wildfowling. Not the average intro for a 11yr old but it taught me alot; about respect for nature, about listening to those more experienced than yourself & how bloody difficult teal are to hit at 5 o'clock in the morning. Where I grew up I could walk to the estuary from my parents house in under 5 minutes. And now I live in the f***ing Midlands!!! ???

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Stavross said:

got to agree with the goose shooting, there either way to high 60yrd to the left or right of you or ten foot above your head while you've got a cup of coffee in your hand?

this was my first half decent session when I fist got my sgc.. took the air gun to finish off any runners 

3C68C729-2DAD-4620-B991-45533FFB3F51_1_201_a.jpeg.eeb10b4ba6694da77f35f39a0a83a62a.jpeg

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

My introduction to shotgun shooting was estuary wildfowling. Not the average intro for a 11yr old but it taught me alot; about respect for nature, about listening to those more experienced than yourself & how bloody difficult teal are to hit at 5 o'clock in the morning. Where I grew up I could walk to the estuary from my parents house in under 5 minutes. And now I live in the f***ing Midlands!!! ???

I’ve never done estuary shooting, all my ducks and geese have been inland, I’ve been offered the opportunity a couple of times to pay for days as part of a team of guns on the estuary but I’m from up north and that’s against my religion ?

15 minutes ago, si brown said:

got to agree with the goose shooting, there either way to high 60yrd to the left or right of you or ten foot above your head while you've got a cup of coffee in your hand?

this was my first half decent session when I fist got my sgc.. took the air gun to finish off any runners 

3C68C729-2DAD-4620-B991-45533FFB3F51_1_201_a.jpeg.eeb10b4ba6694da77f35f39a0a83a62a.jpeg

I have no idea when this one was taken but it must of been a good while ago because I can’t remember the last time I shot Jac’s on fresh drilling’s, we are definitely missing out on these now the spring drilling’s have gone in, the bangers will be working overtime 

88FB682E-0E33-40ED-9558-65723D764958.jpeg

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I have no idea when this one was taken but it must of been a good while ago because I can’t remember the last time I shot Jac’s on fresh drilling’s, we are definitely missing out on these now the spring drilling’s have gone in, the bangers will be working overtime 

88FB682E-0E33-40ED-9558-65723D764958.jpeg

the beans are going in any day now at one place I shoot ..where I live the crows are more of a problem than pigeons ,

most of the phone calls start with "them f@ckin crows" ?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, si brown said:

the beans are going in any day now at one place I shoot ..where I live the crows are more of a problem than pigeons ,

most of the phone calls start with "them f@ckin crows" ?

I’ve got one place that you will never shoot a pigeon but jackdaws and crows are mental, the only problem is they are more intelligent than me, I can turn up and the field can be black a shot later and they all bugger off to the other side of the farm and I spend all day chasing them around, but at least it keeps them off the field for a bit 

• Haha 1