I got a nephew he’s 30 married 2 kids so not a child but he wants to get in to game birds I’ve only got a few laying hens now but he’s asked me if it’s worth having some eggs sent over I’ve never done it so I don’t know just wondering if anyone had any experience of this and if it is worth it any advice would be appreciated thanks 

atb lee

• 4 weeks later...

I had a spell of getting hatching eggs sent off internet all kinds of game birds and modern game, I also met a lad local and got half a dozen Pekin eggs, there was only the pekin eggs hatched 6 out of 6 the rest were duds, I don’t know weather it had anything to do with them being in the post and tossed about, who knows 

I’ve hatched quiet a few eggs that have been posted , if packed properly in the poly boxes with fragile stickers and “ this way up “ sticker there not to bad if left to  Settle first  

• 2 weeks later...

Well we had 26 eggs in the incubator 3 hatched on day 19 one had bad feet we are on day 25 and nothing else happened a bit gutted to be honest not sure if it was bad eggs or our fault with the incubator going to see if there is anything in the eggs tomorrow 

56 minutes ago, General lee said:

Well we had 26 eggs in the incubator 3 hatched on day 19 one had bad feet we are on day 25 and nothing else happened a bit gutted to be honest not sure if it was bad eggs or our fault with the incubator going to see if there is anything in the eggs tomorrow 

The incubator is often the main reason eggs fail,it has to be cleansed to a very high standard before eggs ever enter it,it needs to be set right in the right environment,the eggs should be cleansed before they are set.folk should know how to deal with a non turning incubator,humidity,hatch dates etc.

Yes I understand that it could well be our fault it’s a brand new incubator it’s a self turning one we followed the instructions with the temperature and humidity it’s in a room inside so the outside temperature didn’t change much not sure what else we could have done really 

• 2 months later...

A know it's an old post but if your after some decent modern game fertile eggs then simple modern game is the place to get them . You'll find the page on Facebook hope that helps a few guys out how's wanting some decent birds .  You'll see on his page how he ships the eggs and stock hes got true gent too down the middle. 

On 11/05/2020 at 12:01, Mr Wilkes said:

Left ours to settle for 24 hrs then put 10  under a silkie, she hatched 6 this morning with two still cheeping in eggs and two not developed ... not bad considering the GPO had hold of em for 3 days.

If you do it again they should all hatch on the same day if some have hatched and some don’t and you hear them cheeping gently brake the egg open to start them,w

• Like 1