funding for coronavirus needs

just thinking about all the wonderful ordinary working class people in Britain, from all walks of life who without a second thought are giving and giving what they have and any spare cash to help us through this terrible crisis, myself and majority of people  can not praise the front line staff and essential workers enough, but everyday we see and hear about  all the footballers, popstars ,actors etc who  are giving and helping us out and at the end of all this will receive awards in the queens honours list,with all the millions and billions there worth they could all donate a little bit of their wealth to the nhss for urgent medical equipment and ppe for frontline staff, ordinary working class people who will not be mentioned in  dispatches, but all the celebrietes and their wealth will hog the limelight, if and when we do get through this crisis lets  all remember the ordinary folk that have no wealth but would give you their last.

• Like 8

On 03/04/2020 at 11:34, grompz said:

just thinking about all the wonderful ordinary working class people in Britain, from all walks of life who without a second thought are giving and giving what they have and any spare cash to help us through this terrible crisis, myself and majority of people  can not praise the front line staff and essential workers enough, but everyday we see and hear about  all the footballers, popstars ,actors etc who  are giving and helping us out and at the end of all this will receive awards in the queens honours list,with all the millions and billions there worth they could all donate a little bit of their wealth to the nhss for urgent medical equipment and ppe for frontline staff, ordinary working class people who will not be mentioned in  dispatches, but all the celebrietes and their wealth will hog the limelight, if and when we do get through this crisis lets  all remember the ordinary folk that have no wealth but would give you their last.

I know neville has given up his hotel free of charge and united aces are giving 30% each 

• Like 1

Likewise....where are the Bob Geldofs,Madonna,Bono and the rest of the faded pop stars and actors who are all over disasters in African countries....wheres the " Band Aid " type song for this generations disaster for their own people ?......nowhere to be seen thats where.

• Like 5

Bon Jovi been helping in his restaurant  cleaning dishes 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newslagoon.com/bon-jovi-gets-to-wash-dishes-during-the-crisis-of-the-coronavirus/11604/amp/

But i do hate the celebrities singing in unison online , and beckham the fame whore shaving his head and chucking it online to keep himself in the limelight etc.   Its amazing how many of them manage to get tests aswell seing as their in short supply 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Likewise....where are the Bob Geldofs,Madonna,Bono and the rest of the faded pop stars and actors who are all over disasters in African countries....wheres the " Band Aid " type song for this generations disaster for their own people ?......nowhere to be seen thats where.

They’ve had one, not a fund raiser as such albeit,   and they got rinsed for it . Rightly so in my opinion . 

Look at their pretentious little faces . 

9 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

If they give donations its self promotion if they dont they are selfish pricks.

Damned if they do damned if they dont.

Of all of them , I think mcgregor has been the most earnest. It genuinely sounds as if he’s bothered about people . 

A big thumbs up from me .

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

They’ve had one, not a fund raiser as such albeit,   and they got rinsed for it . Rightly so in my opinion . 

Look at their pretentious little faces . 

I’d rather have the virus than listen to that shite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think a fair few football players and ex pros have done their bit . Neville has given up his hotel to be available for NHS staff i think , pep guardiola has given near 1m , ronaldo/messi have given 1m each , that baby neymar has aswell. Norwich playets/staff donated 200k . 

Its the cutthroat business types like Branson and phillip green that need checking 

• Like 2
On 05/04/2020 at 21:52, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Of all of them , I think mcgregor has been the most earnest. It genuinely sounds as if he’s bothered about people . 

A big thumbs up from me .

Couldnt agree more.....be accountable to your own people.....and only your own people good on the lad.

• Like 1

Charity begins at home !

Too much money leaves this country for a start so we should start by stopping that. None of us British Tax Payers have ever agreed to this money WE pay leaving this Country anyway. Stop all Foreign aid theres £14.1billion iirc saved there straight away. China and India get massive aid from us despite there economys being bigger than the UKs. ?‍♂️ China is the second most powerful financial nation on the planet with there economy being 4 times bigger than ours and India is the fourth biggest economy in the World. ?‍♂️ China and India where recipients of over £151 million from the UK taxpayer in 2018 alone and we pay both Countrys every year ! The Cabinet see this as there money to spend and say where it goes despite this money coming from the British Tax Payer who has no say where this money goes or what it is used for ! Despite what we pay China and India the top 5 recipients of British Foreign Aid in 2018 where Pakistan Nigeria Ethiopia Syria and Afghanistan . In 2017 the biggest recipients where

Pakistan received £402 million

Nigeria received £327 million

Ethiopia received £326 million

Syria received £314 million

Somalia received £282 million

This Foreign Aid and the payments to the EU are a p*ss take ! Start by paying the Pensioners more for a start especially through the winter .  jmo

Edited by MickC
  • Like 5