I’m just about to ring Ian 

and order the above , have any of the lads got one of these and what’s the thoughts on it 

ive got the 870lrf and just fancy a change 

ive read that it whites out with a external ir , ive the srx on the 870 and its works grand 

2nd — there is a choice of ir the 940mn being invisible would this be the best , but with the srx on it , it would make no difference 

and more to the point with 30mm rings I would hope there’s no movement in zero 

any help please 

dave 

its going on my 223 so LRF won’t be a problem 

Hello David

I tested one in the field things I like

The supplied IR will let you see out to 250yds plus and give illumination

The unit has a huge field of view and the digital zoom is probably the best of all digital units and PIP

The magnesium tube, is solid and I would definitely say you have minimal chance of POI change, as well as any mounting option you want using standard dovetail or weaver mounts. The unit is very well built.

The recording is HD and sound recording.

There are x3 scaleable reticules that let the unit act like a FFP scope and remain constant throughout the zoom range and PIP.

They are very IR sensitive and require minimal IR, something like a standard T20 would be great with the wide flood and spot ability, an SRX is ok at 200yds but too bright under these distances, although can still be used.

Downsides, its not a colour image and its not heavy but not the lightest of units.

A Pard NV008 offers more value and are great for the money as well as being very lightweight, there is no doubt about that. Although they don't as mentioned have the same overall build, software or features..the Digex is first and foremost a night vision scope..

Many thanks Ian for your honesty 

the option for day shooting would be a bonus, 

if there where to rifles on the bonnet of the car , one with digex on and one with the 008 witch would you pick up first 

sorry to put you on the spot , lol ? 

thanks Ian