6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The original pluck looks very bop but the carcass stripping not so much that’s more mammal especially as most of the ribs and a back leg are missing ? what part of the world are you in trigger if you don’t mind me asking ?

Did think the carcass looked a bit over stripped maybe a Mink then mate although the plucking looked like a bird of prey. Or maybe Peregrine kill cleaned up after by Rats or Mink. Whats your thinking mate?

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somewhere I would love to go have been inthralled by its recovery since it happened, watched a program about dormice there some years back, doormice the world over have two litters a year to maintain

A good subject and something I’m quite intrigued by is how fast nature is reclaiming it’s rightful place in the world, goats in the streets of wales, dolphins in Italian harbours swans on the canals o

My usual walk with kids. Extended it a field tonight.   The extra field I thought what a nice spot to live. Great during bbq weather

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Arry said:

Did think the carcass looked a bit over stripped maybe a Mink then mate although the plucking looked like a bird of prey. Or maybe Peregrine kill cleaned up after by Rats or Mink. Whats your thinking mate?

Cheers Arry

Yeah it wouldn’t be just a bop in one sitting. That would be a hell of a crop full!

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The original pluck looks very bop but the carcass stripping not so much that’s more mammal especially as most of the ribs and a back leg are missing ? what part of the world are you in trigger if you don’t mind me asking ?

Shropshire England mate.

58 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Not sure mate but that’s a very clean strip, and the fact it’s been moved slightly inland away from the water kind of lowers the chance of mink, otter predation, have sent a copy off to the biologists will let you know views and opinions when they get back 

13 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Shropshire England mate.

Tamworth river tame area by any chance, ??

10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not sure mate but that’s a very clean strip, and the fact it’s been moved slightly inland away from the water kind of lowers the chance of mink, otter predation, have sent a copy off to the biologists will let you know views and opinions when they get back 

Tamworth river tame area by any chance, ??

Craven arms, it’s the river onny flows where I walk. Then it meats the river  teme just down the road between here and Ludlow 

4 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

me me me me, ive got one for you, irregular bowel movements and treatments, eh

If it’s any consolation mate my bowel has just popped out through my stomach muscles, it hurts my bollacks affects my everyday life and I can’t get it sewed back up due to the current crisis, it’s like a big fanny bulge and I’m holding it in place with packing and sticky tape, but on a brighter note have just been out for a little bike ride and it seems to be holding up without causing any pain, so at least I can keep exercising, chin up mate it’s a pretty shite time even for young healthy people you got to keep moving forward ??

51 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

It was nice to see this little fella out and about and looking busy

20200402_171315.jpg.23ad6113f4b98e88b1a7a8ab16a0442e.jpg

Shame about the plastic bag being there though.

I have one living in the cavity of my smoking shelter, she comes in and out all day and goes in a tiny gap in the wood and sits in the rock wall will see if I can grab a pic of it going in and out ?

• Like 2

Had the bino,s out for an hour watched a couple of lads fishing on the river opposite ?saw a pair of peregrine,s having a circle above my house been for a bike ride walked the dogs prepped the track rods for removal on the van that I was going to do two days ago filled the cracks on the front of my house ready for painting, feel ready for some tea now sat on the sofa and saw a blackcap in the holly bush outside the window, not a great pic but a once a year visitor in my garden ?

6BD98E08-B9F3-4300-9CA5-36F3D86C3748.jpeg

AD3C512B-A3D8-4F91-8958-0E1E53484949.jpeg

• Like 1

Might get a few more feeders up now the sparrowhawk doesn't seem to be about always happens when the peregrine comes back I have noticed must be a bit like mink and otters I could hear a woodpecker before over backs just waiting for those b*****d wasps to wake up then I will get my traps out for them 

• Like 1