• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somewhere I would love to go have been inthralled by its recovery since it happened, watched a program about dormice there some years back, doormice the world over have two litters a year to maintain

A good subject and something I’m quite intrigued by is how fast nature is reclaiming it’s rightful place in the world, goats in the streets of wales, dolphins in Italian harbours swans on the canals o

My usual walk with kids. Extended it a field tonight.   The extra field I thought what a nice spot to live. Great during bbq weather

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Will someone start a topic that's got nothing to do with this virus ,even kens obituaries are corona related ffs .please entertain me .

A good subject and something I’m quite intrigued by is how fast nature is reclaiming it’s rightful place in the world, goats in the streets of wales, dolphins in Italian harbours swans on the canals of Venice, it’s happening as we speak so would make a good topic I think✌️✌️

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Greyman said:

A good subject and something I’m quite intrigued by is how fast nature is reclaiming it’s rightful place in the world, goats in the streets of wales, dolphins in Italian harbours swans on the canals of Venice, it’s happening as we speak so would make a good topic I think✌️✌️

There's shoals of fish returning to Venice canals now  the water as become Crystal  clear there is herds of deer roaming the streets of Japan even wild boar roaming some towns in Italy during  the middle of the day 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I think Chernobyl taught us that nature would be back .but your right ,the speed of its recovery is mind blowing .

Somewhere I would love to go have been inthralled by its recovery since it happened, watched a program about dormice there some years back, doormice the world over have two litters a year to maintain the balance but in the contamination zone they have five litters to compensate for the amount of deformity and  infant death leading to exactly the same survival rate at the end of the year as every were else ?

• Like 6
1 minute ago, trigger2 said:

I can't believe the grounds like this all ready.

A few weeks ago this was under 2foot of water

20200401_174411.jpg.a16f10fc578ebb5d0fb491fb8d3e5781.jpgOn

Once the trees start taking up water at the start of March it happens every year, if you tap into a birch tree you can extract 2 gallons a day of water from the trunk only lasts a few weeks but that’s why the ground is drying so fast at the moment ✌️✌️

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Once the trees start taking up water at the start of March it happens every year, if you tap into a birch tree you can extract 2 gallons a day of water from the trunk only lasts a few weeks but that’s why the ground is drying so fast at the moment ✌️✌️

I tapped a few birch trees a few years ago.had about 1ltr.

Could only taste a tiny difference between it and plain water.

It needs to be condensed down by boiling to make a syrup I think. 

25 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I can't believe the grounds like this all ready.

A few weeks ago this was under 2foot of water

20200401_174411.jpg.a16f10fc578ebb5d0fb491fb8d3e5781.jpg

Yes it's surprising considering how wet winter was but with the daffs out birds nesting I'm hoping for the robin and blue tits to return again this year  the peregrines are back I saw one last night and I was watching the first bee of the year the other day just waiting for the swallows now might even start reading books again in the garden with a cold beer watching the birds and the bees going about there duties 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, king said:

I tapped a few birch trees a few years ago.had about 1ltr.

Could only taste a tiny difference between it and plain water.

It needs to be condensed down by boiling to make a syrup I think. 

Birch water is the latest big health drink in the states mate don’t think it’s meant to be like maple more like coconut water, it’s a really small window when they are fully drawing around a fortnight it think ?

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Birch water is the latest big health drink in the states mate don’t think it’s meant to be like maple more like coconut water, it’s a really small window when they are fully drawing around a fortnight it think ?

I never knew that interesting fact that greyman is it just the birch or can you do it with any tree just curious