British farming is the best.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other big difference between my parents time and my kids time is time , my old fellla used to work to pay the rent and bills,  my mother looked after us kids .She shopped every day (apart from Sun

Suffolk pork the finest eu subsidised pork farms biggest shit on earth Suffolk pork free range is free range poiish eu pig farms are hell on Earth. Chop there tails cos the crammed in pens so tight th

Eat less meat & you can pay more for the good stuff.    Finding a great butcher who takes a pride in a varied & quality range of cuts, plus is happy to talk you about exactly what you w

Posted Images

Greed has got the better of most farmers, where there father's would have been happy with 200 cows they want a thousand and milk them 3 times aday, keeping them in 12 months of the year covering the fields in-between silage cuts with thousands of gallons of slurry and then feeding the cows the grass and can't understand why they keep getting out breaks of TB most aren't fit to keep livestock.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ginger beard said:

And the big commercial farmers are creating an infertile desert with sprays constantly working/grazing the ground.they used to be called guardians of the countryside.sadly not anymore.

Green deserts. 

Seen this weekend,  super value selling beef with the borad bia logo  and best of irish and produced in Ireland, but the beef came from Azerbaijan. 

Surly that's breaking the marketing laws, never mind hitting the Irish farmers.

Atb j 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jetro said:

Seen this weekend,  super value selling beef with the borad bia logo  and best of irish and produced in Ireland, but the beef came from Azerbaijan. 

Surly that's breaking the marketing laws, never mind hitting the Irish farmers.

Atb j 

Any links to the story ?

1 minute ago, Chid said:

Any links to the story ?

THAT'S FARMING

28498-b7ddc71a-4443-47c7-ba72-782bf74a80d0.JPG

Beef labelled as being from Azerbaijan being sold in Supervalu store

"They applied their own ‘produced in Ireland’ logo to the product, rather than the official Bord Bia Quality Assured (QA) logo,”

Supervalu must clarify their beef purchasing policy after beef sold in one of their stores was labelled as being from Azerbaijan according to IFA president, Tim Cullinan.

“Supervalu has claimed to IFA that this was a ‘coding error’. However, they applied their own ‘produced in Ireland’ logo to the product, rather than the official Bord Bia Quality Assured (QA) logo,” he said.

Previously, Musgraves/Supervalu has stated that all of their fresh beef was Bord Bia quality-assured. “They need to clarify why this produce did not meet the Bord Bia standard.”

The IFA president stressed that the ‘produced in Ireland’ logo was misleading and that retailers should not be allowed to use their own likenesses of the Bord Bia QA logo.

“This use of the likenesses of the Bord Bia logo, incorporating our national flag, is wrong. Retailers should only use the Bord Bia logo on meat.”

“This logo is based on clear criteria that the beef must come from a quality-assured Irish farm and that it is slaughtered in Ireland,” he added.

Polish beef

Mr. Cullinan said that, at a time when Irish farmers are being told by processors that the market for Irish beef has been severely hit due to the Covid-19 crisis, retailers and processors need to support Irish farmers and others who are working in the Irish food processing sector.

“This comes on top of the news that the ABP Group filled orders to the UK with Polish beef.”

“This has angered farmers at a time when they working around the clock to keep food on the table for consumers,” he concluded.

Share this news article:

LDy5k8YBAQnRk05HJbEpoHlmTHDqA0hl.jpg

Post by Catherina Cunnane

Editor of THAT'S FARMING

Comments

The Marts Forecast
SELECT LIVESTOCK
  • CATTLE
  • SHEEP
  • DAIRY
  • CALF
Just now, jetro said:
THAT'S FARMING

28498-b7ddc71a-4443-47c7-ba72-782bf74a80d0.JPG

Beef labelled as being from Azerbaijan being sold in Supervalu store

"They applied their own ‘produced in Ireland’ logo to the product, rather than the official Bord Bia Quality Assured (QA) logo,”

Supervalu must clarify their beef purchasing policy after beef sold in one of their stores was labelled as being from Azerbaijan according to IFA president, Tim Cullinan.

“Supervalu has claimed to IFA that this was a ‘coding error’. However, they applied their own ‘produced in Ireland’ logo to the product, rather than the official Bord Bia Quality Assured (QA) logo,” he said.

Previously, Musgraves/Supervalu has stated that all of their fresh beef was Bord Bia quality-assured. “They need to clarify why this produce did not meet the Bord Bia standard.”

The IFA president stressed that the ‘produced in Ireland’ logo was misleading and that retailers should not be allowed to use their own likenesses of the Bord Bia QA logo.

“This use of the likenesses of the Bord Bia logo, incorporating our national flag, is wrong. Retailers should only use the Bord Bia logo on meat.”

“This logo is based on clear criteria that the beef must come from a quality-assured Irish farm and that it is slaughtered in Ireland,” he added.

Polish beef

Mr. Cullinan said that, at a time when Irish farmers are being told by processors that the market for Irish beef has been severely hit due to the Covid-19 crisis, retailers and processors need to support Irish farmers and others who are working in the Irish food processing sector.

“This comes on top of the news that the ABP Group filled orders to the UK with Polish beef.”

“This has angered farmers at a time when they working around the clock to keep food on the table for consumers,” he concluded.

Share this news article:

LDy5k8YBAQnRk05HJbEpoHlmTHDqA0hl.jpg

Post by Catherina Cunnane

Editor of THAT'S FARMING

Comments

The Marts Forecast
SELECT LIVESTOCK
  • CATTLE
  • SHEEP
  • DAIRY
  • CALF

Supposedly labeled wrong 

• Like 1

I see where i worded myself wrongly, my apologies. 

I wasn't try to make out super value was doing anything underhanded.

All the same, why is Ireland importing beef from this country, when we have the finest of beef grown here.

Atb j 

• Like 1

Suffolk pork the finest eu subsidised pork farms biggest shit on earth Suffolk pork free range is free range poiish eu pig farms are hell on Earth. Chop there tails cos the crammed in pens so tight they get chewing on each other  equivalent of keeping your running dog trussed up on a washing line   I picked up  15 kg of small holder pork  for 20 notes  will I fk buy lamb or pork from a supermarket that welcomes eu or New Zealand lamb  as for veg sack of Desiree 8 quid sack of onions from next door farm leeks carrots duck eggs  for next to nothing had to drive 80miles never queued never swapped air with no one. You can’t do that at a supermarket  put me name down on half a lamb while up there   Fk the shit supermarkets and folk on tv moaning about lack of strawberry’s in April lol  fk the eu fk sadick Khan  buy British 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2