British farming is the best.

Just now, WILF said:

No mate, it’s definitely a money issue......look at the amount of people only just rediscovering they have a butcher in their town or village because they can’t go to Tesco.

They ain’t been in the butcher for years upto now because “it’s too dear” 

Yet they're going now..... it's effort mate. "Too dear" is an excuse for idleness, removes the responsibility.

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other big difference between my parents time and my kids time is time , my old fellla used to work to pay the rent and bills,  my mother looked after us kids .She shopped every day (apart from Sun

Suffolk pork the finest eu subsidised pork farms biggest shit on earth Suffolk pork free range is free range poiish eu pig farms are hell on Earth. Chop there tails cos the crammed in pens so tight th

Eat less meat & you can pay more for the good stuff.    Finding a great butcher who takes a pride in a varied & quality range of cuts, plus is happy to talk you about exactly what you w

Posted Images

14 hours ago, WILF said:

No mate, it’s definitely a money issue......look at the amount of people only just rediscovering they have a butcher in their town or village because they can’t go to Tesco.

Thats the misconception.go and compare the prices.people use supermarkets for convienence.

I think we all eat to much meat.get commercial farmers out.broilers and pigs and milking cattle never see mud.that aint right.

• Like 5

Eat less meat & you can pay more for the good stuff. 

Finding a great butcher who takes a pride in a varied & quality range of cuts, plus is happy to talk you about exactly what you want is a wonderful thing. Why more people in the U.K. don’t see the real value in that over convenience is beyond me. 

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Eat less meat & you can pay more for the good stuff. 

Finding a great butcher who takes a pride in a varied & quality range of cuts, plus is happy to talk you about exactly what you want is a wonderful thing. Why more people in the U.K. don’t see the real value in that over convenience is beyond me. 

Unfortunatley mate, most people have moved away from that way of shopping. Supermarkets mean they dont have to talk about the product they purchase, its all there, wrapped in clingfilm, for them. Wrappers give them all the information they want and the clingfilm distances them further from the touch and smells of raw meat. People dont know how to converse with a skilled butcher about what they are buying, they simply read the label.

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

Unfortunatley mate, most people have moved away from that way of shopping. Supermarkets mean they dont have to talk about the product they purchase, its all there, wrapped in clingfilm, for them. Wrappers give them all the information they want and the clingfilm distances them further from the touch and smells of raw meat. People dont know how to converse with a skilled butcher about what they are buying, they simply read the label.

?

Super market meat is so wet, its never been hung. The other thing they do is expose it to Carbon Monoxide the same crap that comes out your exhaust pipe on your car which keeps it pink. I'm very lucky in my small town we still have four Butchers and two Grocers also a market that has a Farmer Butcher and Grocers stalls. I like to ask what is it this week, Oh its Ruby Red, Dexter or Angus proper beef breeds. See so many dairy bull calf bullocks in the field these day or crossed up things with Limousin to give them some weight.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, WILF said:

I don't think butchers are much more expensive than supermarkets for like for like products tbh. The problem is the likes of Tesco etc the problem with food this country is really what you were defending yesterday i.e capitalism people aren't content with having a small business that makes enough to keep their family comfy they want a chain of restaurants or an empire of supermarkets etc and then once you have that every cost cutting option is scrutinised and all that matters is the bottom line. I watched a food program years ago, I think it was Rick stein were he was in Vietnam the street food was unbelievable it looked so good and according to stein tasted so. It was cheap as f**k and the poorest of the poorest are it daily so what does stein do? Nick's there recipes and charges UK mugs £25 for a poor imitation.The people in the west eat the worst out of all the people on earth our food is literally poisoning us and we look down our nose at other cultures. At work the other day a young lady was eating a rustler burger while commenting how the chinks will eat any shite lol I commented they wouldn't eat a f***ing rustler burger.

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 5

Butchers and green grocers are definitely cheaper, but the common misconception is that they are not......then take into account all the “fake” cheap frozen food stores and basically lots of peoples shopping habits are total shit.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Butchers and green grocers are definitely cheaper, but the common misconception is that they are not......then take into account all the “fake” cheap frozen food stores and basically lots of peoples shopping habits are total shit.

The difference in quality of meat between the 2 is huge.

I remember my mate saying years ago.and I've said it on here a few times.

That when he walked into his grans street and was about 8 houses away he could smell the beef his gran was cooking.

Then once the butcher had gone and his gran bought beef from a supermarket

He had to open the kitchen door to smell the beef she was cooking.

The other big difference between my parents time and my kids time is time , my old fellla used to work to pay the rent and bills,  my mother looked after us kids .She shopped every day (apart from Sunday) , she cooked every day , she had time to look at what she bought ,new what to buy , food that wasn’t in season wasn’t on the menu , but fast forward fifty years my kids have mortgages ,cars , holidays etc etc ,  they and there other halves all work full time to pay for it ..The shopping is one day over the weekend , convenience is king , they go to one big supermarket buy everything on the list ( including food stuff that’s been shipped flown or transported half way across the world )  and out and finish so there’s time for what little is left of the weekend to relax ...this global marketing has got everyone just where the government want them , head down and arse up working ..

If any good comes out of this virus I hope people realise there’s more to life than work ..

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I don't buy meat from supermarkets , it's crap end off full of preservatives , how can you buy fresh mince with a date of over a week in it , yet I go to my butcher and he says if your not using that mince in the next day freeze it. 

My local butcher does some good deals as well and can work out cheaper than a supermarket if you buy his special offer deals .

• Like 2
2 hours ago, king said:

The difference in quality of meat between the 2 is huge.

I remember my mate saying years ago.and I've said it on here a few times.

That when he walked into his grans street and was about 8 houses away he could smell the beef his gran was cooking.

Then once the butcher had gone and his gran bought beef from a supermarket

He had to open the kitchen door to smell the beef she was cooking.

I don't think that's always the case to be honest, I had some Devon Ruby red beef when I was down there a few years ago from a small butchers and it was prob the best I've had or right up there, later in the week got chatting to a farmer who had a herd of them and his went to supermarkets he reckons Tesco etc only want very uniform and perfect looking cuts but Lidl would take any shape etc so that was why there were cheaper but meat the same. Sure enough I saw a familiar looking steak in Tesco's a couple of months later not labelled as Devon red or anything but I bought it and it was definately the same stuff. 

Some of the cheapest shite I've had is from butchers so there's no guarantees whatever you do.

• Like 4