With having a bit of time on my hands due to the lock down thought I'd make a few walking sticks, one with the dogs head has just been glued up so I'll get to the finishing tomorrow, realised I had no epoxy left so took a chance and put it together with Gorilla glue just need to see if it stands the test of time

20200401_113007.jpg

20200401_112945.jpg

20200401_113105.jpg

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, socks said:

That is very nice ? did you use the glue where you wet one side of what your gluing ??? ......

No mate just a bottle of Gorilla I had in the shed, it is polyurethane, so just hope it holds 

37 minutes ago, brambles said:

No mate just a bottle of Gorilla I had in the shed, it is polyurethane, so just hope it holds 

I’m sure that’s the one I’ve got and on the bottle it says to wet one of the contact surfaces??? .....

• Like 1

Wow!! These look GREAT!!! 

Last autumn I cut some blackthorn sticks, this winter I straightened and hopefully in summer I will finish them. 

Two more hazel sticks are waiting now since 2 years. I wanted to put on a sheppheards crook or market stick crook but don't know yet if I should use a ferrule or not.. ?

Very nice hobby :)

Regards 

Nicolas 

Edited by spsurfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1