Svc & fac renewal in the covid 19 time

Because of the current situation I suppose that it doesn't make much difference if plod is to issue section 7's although it will duplicate their workload and paperwork .  After all we can't use our guns to go to clays or go to replenish the ammunition or to drive any distance to shoot and its a bit of a grey area as to what crop protection / sport shooting is.   My rifle club has suspended operations and the Kent summer shooting competitions have all been scrapped.  I don't suppose they could do much about setting up a trap on your own land and shooting clays.  I expect some do gooder Ralph would be straight on to plod about breaking the curfew but by the time they got  to speak to anyone and if they thought that they were going to respond and plod actually came out ( it aint going to happen because they didn't even come out to burglaries unless the blighter was there with his arse jammed in a window, ...before covid)?, the clays would have all been shot, there were no more cartridges left or the barrels were too hot to hold and that it was all over and done with.  I'd just be sitting out in the garden with a cup of cocoa.  Shooting.?  Naah it's all quiet on the western front.  must be a hoax call.!!  ?????.  Im sorry I can't offer you refreshment. covid 19 you know. ? .  The spaniel takes little consolation in a digestive biscuit as opposed to working cover.

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 2

They dont let the local Police investigate illegal wolf hunting the Security police takes it as if it was a terrorist attac (local Police might be hunters themself or could become under threat from hunters or antis.

Yesterday a small dog were taken by a wolf close to a house ,the owner run after it and the wolf dropped the dog after 50m , it survived but had to have some surgery. Several other people saw the (probably) same wolf in what area as close as 2 m/6 feet from people......... and no protective hunting of it unless it attacs several more domestic animals.

1 hour ago, KimE said:

They dont let the local Police investigate illegal wolf hunting the Security police takes it as if it was a terrorist attac (local Police might be hunters themself or could become under threat from hunters or antis.

Yesterday a small dog were taken by a wolf close to a house ,the owner run after it and the wolf dropped the dog after 50m , it survived but had to have some surgery. Several other people saw the (probably) same wolf in what area as close as 2 m/6 feet from people......... and no protective hunting of it unless it attacs several more domestic animals.

Knock the bugger over and plant it on a bend in the road . Preferably a blind bend . Run over it a few times and let traffic do the rest. = unfortunate road casualty that tried to intercept a passing lorry. It's strange how cats always seem to get run over trying to intercept vehicles. Shame really but there you go.  It is what it is.

5 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I can still get ammo. My local is also a petrol station ?

Because I am confined to barracks along with everyone else,  I don't have a requirement for thousands of rounds but should I so wish, I could manufacturer quantities of both rifle and shotgun ammunition.  I ain't doing much mileage at all and the cars sit outside mostly redundant now so don't need much petrol.