Looking at get back at it 8 years later....

What I should of said was.... Just be careful that you don't have your pants pulled down ?I'd never personally buy a sapling/adult working dog from the fools book, dragon driving pages..... Take your time, don't be in a rush.... There's been a few chancy litters advised on here last few months, and a few in the pipeline.... As you probably know... Certain type dogs these days will get you nothing but grief and bring things on top?before you get started. Hope you get sorted, stay safe ?

• Like 3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stay away from any cnut that wears a tracksuit, air max and keeps coursing dogs...... ? 

No i might have not explained properly im not getting nowt of DD and Its a pup but more of a companion ive just lost the old boy 18 years old few month back id just rather have a nice lurcher for

Get usen some stilettos d that's all.i wear the dunt bother chasing after u trust me 

Posted Images

20 hours ago, shaaark said:

With those breeds in the mix, it certainly shouldn't need any fancy trainers on it's feet ? ?

That's right ? they make good all rounders out of most crosses that are out there would be my choice but that is just my opinion 

1 hour ago, oddser said:

That's right ? they make good all rounders out of most crosses that are out there would be my choice but that is just my opinion 

Only seen a couple bred similar. Sire was tor of dartmoor, dam was a 1st x deer/grey. Didn't see them working though. Only saw them up until they were about 10 months old. Dog and bitch kept back  out of litter. Bitch was pretty racy and light, dog threw to deerhound size and build, but smooth coated, 30 1/2" tts at 10 months. Looked quite awkward and uncoordinated when he started running, but would probably have got it together as he matured

Edited by shaaark
48 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Only seen a couple bred similar. Sire was tor of dartmoor, dam was a 1st x deer/grey. Didn't see them working though. Only saw them up until they were about 10 months old. Dog and bitch kept back  out of litter. Bitch was pretty racy and light, dog threw to deerhound size and build, but smooth coated, 30 1/2" tts at 10 months. Looked quite awkward and uncoordinated when he started running, but would probably have got it together as he matured

Years ago they were all the rage but back then lads only did rabbits n hares they were perfect for this work but new generation of lurcher men want to hunt fox deer so have gone on to bull breeds 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, oddser said:

Years ago they were all the rage but back then lads only did rabbits n hares they were perfect for this work but new generation of lurcher men want to hunt fox deer so have gone on to bull breeds 

No mate, the guy that bred the litter used to lamp and catch more fox than anyone I know. He had a pair of collie/grey x whippet/grey lurchers, brother and sister, that caught hundreds.  Caught plenty of deer too. He never owned a bull cross.

Don't know if ge's still into dogs now, not spoken to him in over 20 years

13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

No mate, the guy that bred the litter used to lamp and catch more fox than anyone I know. He had a pair of collie/grey x whippet/grey lurchers, brother and sister, that caught hundreds.  Caught plenty of deer too. He never owned a bull cross.

Don't know if ge's still into dogs now, not spoken to him in over 20 years

They will do the job said they were allrounders but lads have gone onto bull x because they think they are better for fox n deer like I said just my opinion they are the best all-round breed 

2 hours ago, oddser said:

They will do the job said they were allrounders but lads have gone onto bull x because they think they are better for fox n deer like I said just my opinion they are the best all-round breed 

Actually, the dogs I mentioned were sire collie/grey x whippet/grey, dam was a greyhound ?

No i might have not explained properly

im not getting nowt of DD and Its a pup but more of a companion ive just lost the old boy 18 years old few month back id just rather have a nice lurcher for the boys than one of these new breed things that cost a fortune and cant breathe when running up the stairs, Ive always done the mountain biking up the trails with the dogs aswell so something Capable of tagging along is just a bonus.

it dont need to be a world beater and although the games changed ill not fk about with fools.

i just posted that pic as an example of what i like, i have 3 similar on prof pic.

The lineage not a huge deal ive had two from non working line and one from grafters and all 3 have done the business.

I just couldn’t find nowt along that stamp so was hoping might catch someones eye

Theres land still there when needed for the rabbits but im not going to be out every weekend on the lamp.

Ive had the motor taken before on few occasions and some bad fines so poaching aint happening i cant run nee more anymore anyway.

Ive attached a pic of the daaargz

white one was the old boy

1A932BD6-2EE5-4763-BE7A-700FCCD05991.jpeg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Actually, the dogs I mentioned were sire collie/grey x whippet/grey, dam was a greyhound ?

6 hours ago, shaaark said:

Are you trying to wind me up

50 minutes ago, oddser said:

Are you trying to wind me up

What's so hard to understand? I first said the dogs in question were collie/grey x whippet/grey. But then remembered they were sire collie/grey x whippet/grey and the dam of them was a greyhound.

Same owner, different dogs

43 minutes ago, shaaark said:

What's so hard to understand? I first said the dogs in question were collie/grey x whippet/grey. But then remembered they were sire collie/grey x whippet/grey and the dam of them was a greyhound.

Same owner, different dogs

Blessed 1?

15 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Blessed 1?

Ok then blacky, I ask you the same question. Read my posts in this thread, and see if you get confused ?

In response to oddser's post, I said an old aquaintance of mine bred a litter of saluki x deer/grey pups by tor of dartmoor. He said that years ago, that sort of cross was pretty common, but sort of fell by the wayside when people started to 'target' fox and deer, favouring bull crosses.

I replied 'no mate', the same guy that bred the sal/deer/grey pups used to own a pair, brother and sister, of collie/grey x whippet/greys, that were excellent fox dogs that also killed deer. And he never owned a bull cross.

Then I remembered that those pair of dogs were sired by a collie/grey x whippet/grey, and the dam to them was a greyhound.

Not really that difficult to work out?

Edited by shaaark
4 hours ago, TheWiz4rd said:

No i might have not explained properly

im not getting nowt of DD and Its a pup but more of a companion ive just lost the old boy 18 years old few month back id just rather have a nice lurcher for the boys than one of these new breed things that cost a fortune and cant breathe when running up the stairs, Ive always done the mountain biking up the trails with the dogs aswell so something Capable of tagging along is just a bonus.

it dont need to be a world beater and although the games changed ill not fk about with fools.

i just posted that pic as an example of what i like, i have 3 similar on prof pic.

The lineage not a huge deal ive had two from non working line and one from grafters and all 3 have done the business.

I just couldn’t find nowt along that stamp so was hoping might catch someones eye

Theres land still there when needed for the rabbits but im not going to be out every weekend on the lamp.

Ive had the motor taken before on few occasions and some bad fines so poaching aint happening i cant run nee more anymore anyway.

Ive attached a pic of the daaargz

white one was the old boy

1A932BD6-2EE5-4763-BE7A-700FCCD05991.jpeg

Just watch the classifieds you'll get something like that ?

Prob being picky but they don't look anything like that woolly saluki type on DD

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Just watch the classifieds you'll get something like that ?

Prob being picky but they don't look anything like that woolly saluki type on DD

No mate they dont have to exact same stamp as these, the post from DD looked a smart dog so would fancy that sort.

ill keep checking on there

was kinda hoping one of the lads who keeps pups off adverts would catch the post.

Thanks all