Looking at get back at it 8 years later....

5 hours ago, CA$H 91 said:

If your wanting to get in to the coursing job trust me it's the hardest job to do I have ASB0 from north Yorkshire right down to Peterborough ...I have had cars tuck off me this season... on some days you can not even watch you dog run because the job is that hot half way into this season just gone I sed f**k it I was going to pack in all together... I'm going to change it right up next season 

Edited by Black neck
Done it again

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stay away from any cnut that wears a tracksuit, air max and keeps coursing dogs...... ? 

No i might have not explained properly im not getting nowt of DD and Its a pup but more of a companion ive just lost the old boy 18 years old few month back id just rather have a nice lurcher for

Get usen some stilettos d that's all.i wear the dunt bother chasing after u trust me 

Posted Images

it’ll be a case of pay your money take your chances fella unless you know the dogs that have bred the litter you go for personally just pick your cross an go for it mate your odds are the same as any if the pup you pick turns out any good or not.if I was just coming in to the game an I wanted a all round Rough coated type I’d go for lurcher to lurcher bred something like saluki greyhound /bull greyhound x bedlington greyhound or Wheaton greyhound should be racey enough an have bottle and construction to take any thing that moves 

• Like 2

Last thing you want to do is get taken in by a bullshitter and spend 18 months rearing rubbish. If someone brags about the huge numbers of gear their dogs kill, how they barely ever miss, make it look easy etc, best swerve those ones. Look for a litter of bright eyed pups thats been well reared, healthy looking mother, clean kennels etc. Those things are more important than what cross the dog is.

Edited by Shadow100
9 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

stay away from any cnut that wears a tracksuit, air max and keeps coursing dogs...... ? 

Daniel, i get what your saying mate BUT i've changed my mind on that over the past year or two. 

For me, it's them keen Nike wearing kids that are out and smashing it these days. Sure some of them are helmets but there are loads that are out none stop and running/testing dogs to the full.

I've been in the market for a new pup for a few months now and when sites like this and the more 'mature' FB pages have limitations or a ban on selling dogs, it's fecking difficult to suss whats really out there.

From what i've seen, i'd rather look to a puppy or adult thats seen plenty of graft, even if the owner has got his Air Max on in the field or garden.

The problem these days is that we're all too hung up on 'pedigree' and 'lineage', from what its 'supposed' to be bred out of.

We're like feckin "antique collectors"....

Nope, it aint all that for me. I'd rather know if the parents really do it, week in week out, grandparents too if possible.

So if the kid wears trakkies and Nike and believes his mutt was bred out of Punch, Pie, Swoop, Blue or feckin Merle, as long as the kid is out none stop, then it's well worth a punt....

Nice dog in the photo by the way... ?

1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

Daniel, i get what your saying mate BUT i've changed my mind on that over the past year or two. 

For me, it's them keen Nike wearing kids that are out and smashing it these days. Sure some of them are helmets but there are loads that are out none stop and running/testing dogs to the full.

I've been in the market for a new pup for a few months now and when sites like this and the more 'mature' FB pages have limitations or a ban on selling dogs, it's fecking difficult to suss whats really out there.

From what i've seen, i'd rather look to a puppy or adult thats seen plenty of graft even if the owner has got his Air Max on in the field or garden.

The problem these days is that we're all too hung up on 'pedigree' and 'lineage', from what its 'supposed' to be bred out of.

We're like feckin "antique collectors"....

Nope, it aint all that for me. I'd rather know if the parents really do it, week in week out, grandparents too if possible.

So if the kid wears trakkies and Nike and believes his mutt was bred out of Punch, Pie, Swoop, Blue or feckin Merle, as long as the kid is out none stop, then it's well worth a punt....

Nice dog in the photo by the way... ?

Best post on this thread, if you think what you’ve got on your feet is more important than what you’ve got on the lead you’re the wrong type of person to get a pup from. 

Its the lads that don’t worry about appearance, permission etc that’ll usually have the best stuff. Type that will go anywhere & run anything they want, that’s how you get tested dogs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Just make sure the air max are sodden soil stained and showing a big toe bulge then you'll know they've seen the tilth

Dead right

17 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Time of year for a fine tilth 

L p d speaks the truth blacky. Dogs whose owners have gleaming white air max footwear attached to said feet, are 90% guaranteed to only have been 'exercised' lightly on a friable loam.

Tilth is the real testbed ?

• Like 1

Had my air max out a few times this season hot ground needs fast footwear so you can get up to speed in if needed ??‍♂️? it doesn’t really matter what you wear if your out an do a bit long has your happy with what your wearing I struggle these days with heavy footwear especially if there caked in mud my knees are f****d from working out in the wet/cold all my working life light footwear reliefs the strain  on knees

3C4941B2-2DC9-409F-BBAA-3330DD843158.jpeg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Had my air max out a few times this season hot ground needs fast footwear so you can get up to speed in if needed ??‍♂️? it doesn’t really matter what you wear if your out an do a bit long has your happy with what your wearing I struggle these days with heavy footwear especially if there caked in mud my knees are f****d from working out in the wet/cold all my working life light footwear reliefs the strain  on knees

3C4941B2-2DC9-409F-BBAA-3330DD843158.jpeg

Get usen some stilettos d that's all.i wear the dunt bother chasing after u trust me 

• Haha 5

Cant go far wrong with a salukixgrey xdeerhoundxgrey  its as good a cross as anything you can get a pup of the best workers in the country but if you don't take it out give plenty of work it will be like the rest on free adds

• Like 1
2 hours ago, oddser said:

Cant go far wrong with a salukixgrey xdeerhoundxgrey  its as good a cross as anything you can get a pup of the best workers in the country but if you don't take it out give plenty of work it will be like the rest on free adds

With those breeds in the mix, it certainly shouldn't need any fancy trainers on it's feet ? ?

• Haha 1