Looking at get back at it 8 years later....

Looking at getting myself and the boys a nice lurcher.

Grafted the dogs for years when younger however im
Really struggling to find something i like seems every man is knocking pups out but none to my fancy at all, Ive come across this pic on DD yesterday and its pretty much exactly what id be looking for, always had Rough over smooth and still prefer that now i know the young ones do also.

Would appreciate abit help as well out the dog game now and pals from the scene either no longer with us or just got themselves into some other sport 

ive attached a pic of the animal i seen, if your on here i hope you dont mind just wanted to give better idea.

9022968A-4266-4640-9870-34DD59001C8B.png

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stay away from any cnut that wears a tracksuit, air max and keeps coursing dogs...... ? 

No i might have not explained properly im not getting nowt of DD and Its a pup but more of a companion ive just lost the old boy 18 years old few month back id just rather have a nice lurcher for

Get usen some stilettos d that's all.i wear the dunt bother chasing after u trust me 

Posted Images

Running the other way... Avoiding all leisure wearers, and plastic Tommy shelby wannabes...... ?

Nice pup on the pictures.... But a wise man once told me, you can tell alot about a man by the shoes on his feet..... You can also see the fear in a man, when you stare right into his iris?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Running the other way... Avoiding all leisure wearers, and plastic Tommy shelby wannabes...... ?

Nice pup on the pictures.... But a wise man once told me, you can tell alot about a man by the shoes on his feet..... You can also see the fear in a man, when you stare right into his iris?

You dunt want 2 be going round staring up folks irises mate just wrong 

• Like 1

If I was you mate I would wait for a pup not get any already running or up a bit .....and if you do I wouldn't  get any thing I didnt no the in's and out's of it I have been burnt more that once of people saying the had world beaters for sale and I wouldnt give 10p for them I sold a lad a pup few months back and he has gone through 3 dog since that were ment to be doing the job and the only thing that has  lasted is the pup 

• Like 2

back to the post lol, is that pup  a coursing type , as you get few with that type coat.  personally  mate, getting back to it from  a long lay off , 1st having permission  really helps, as your not looking over your shoulder , if the shit it the  fan. 2nd  if you look on here lot of people struggle to find enough rabbits , to work there dog or dogs proper. And it be shame if these things ive said came true , if you got your lad a lurcher , and it not got enough work for it . ive had 30 odd year messing about with lurchers, it was never really easy back then getting legal  ground lol, most never wanted a running dog on the ground even back then, but at least  there was enough rabbits to go at, and  plenty of other stuff to knock over as well.  if you still want to get a dog, well go  for a dog , just lurcher x lurcher i look for , maybe  wheaten x greyx salukix grey type, i quite like  bull x grey x saluki x grey thats another handy dog to have .

• Like 3

For lads that have always poached before ban and after id say it was more aggro before the ban obviously lads travelling different county's are getting dogs took that's bad but I bet anyone knocking about local gets less hassle then before the ban there was a lot more keepers and men who had land they was on it a lot more then 

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I think what a wise man meant was you spend  more than half your life in your shoes so a smart man always has shoes that are in good order and comfy 

who's the smartest man him in air max or him in wellies rigger boots 

i no what I'd rather spend 3/4 of a day in lol if only air max was waterproof 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

After 8 years a lot has changed. Now its like when one poops and another  lifts there's nose and looks at you to say has one past wind lol. Well that's response you get walking a saluki x type dog round my way. One must be a hare courser haha 

It's a strange one mate, I noticed a couple of days ago a hare coursing is illegal sign has been put on a post over at the local fields, I haven't seen a hare on this place since about 2001, even back in the early 90's the place never held anymore than single figures, and houses are about to be built on this land

If your wanting to get in to the coursing job trust me it's the hardest job to do I have ASB0 from north Yorkshire right down to Peterborough ...I have had cars tuck off me this season... on some days you can not even watch you dog run because the job is that hot half way into this season just gone I sed f**k it I was going to pack in all together... I'm going to change it right up next season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1