A decent book .

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be like reading one long post off Wilf.

Both written by friends of mine, can’t recommend them enough ? John done the amazon years before edd Stafford, no satelight   Phone, mobile or any other form of communication he took an old shotgun a

Have you got Fly Fishing by J R Hartley ?

Posted Images

Not sure what your into mate , but I’ve started rereading the Jim Corbett omnibuses which not only are reflective of the last days of the Indian raj, but are beautifully written. 

Chuck Adams two tomes life at full draw and super slam chronically the quest to hunt all American land  trophies by bow will always have a place on my shelf . 

Other than that my other favourites  are the count of Monte cristo, the dubliners , anything by Chuck palaniuk , harlan Corban or Cormac McCarthy 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not sure what your into mate , but I’ve started rereading the Jim Corbett omnibuses which not only are reflective of the last days of the Indian raj, but are beautifully written. 

Chuck Adams two tomes life at full draw and super slam chronically the quest to hunt all American land  trophies by bow will always have a place on my shelf . 

Other than that my other favourites  are the count of Monte cristo, the dubliners , anything by Chuck palaniuk , harlan Corban or Cormac McCarthy 

If you like Corbett  have you read Death in the long grass by Peter Hathaway capstick? Both authors make you feel like your there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Conn igulden one of the best authors I've read, historical action, Vikings, Mongols....

I think I read one of his...

Called Dunsten I think?

1 hour ago, Astanley said:

Can you recommend a good book ,not sci fi ,conspiracy theories ,westerns ,ex sas soldiers or gangland hardmen biographies though ,thank you x

Friday night lights is a really good book mate , about a season of a high school football team in Odessa Texas . 

Fantastic book written from an embedded journalist, heart breaking powerful read at times . About the pressure placed on 16 year old boys to restore pride in a town that had been wrecked by a down turn in the oil industry. 

Have gun will travel , the rise and fall of death row records is pretty good as well if your in your into that type of thing . 

And finally two weird ones to finish . Cash by Johnny cash. 

And one of my most surprising reads , hitman , the Brett hart autobiography. f***ing brilliant book