effects of corona in terrier work

as the title says will it effect the season good or bad? personally i think their might be more stuff knocking about due to the lack of tourists killing cubs in the summer. but longer term is their any body planning any litters? it would be a worry having a whole litter to feed till god knows when. and if people arnt breeding then what for the future of your stock. 

Obviously this is all dependent on wether this lock down ever ends, but presuming it lasts 6 months what’s the thoughts.

I'm hearing of shoots having a break for the season, either scaling back or not bothering at all with the expense given the uncertainty...

That'll either lead to a lot of effort on vermin or very little I suppose as well as obviously freeing up estate permissions that might've been restricted normally.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, sid g said:

shooting lads will have a field day once its over come nov for terrier lads it`ll be no different to any other year ..as for litters if there any good they`ll go anyway 

Plenty of estates laid off keepers. Should slow the rifles down a bit 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, dillydog said:

Some of the big estates are having the season off, a lot of the small shoots are folding,  it should be a better season,  pray for rain to keep the 4x4's off the grass too ?

Midnight cowboys with rifles just started moving with 4x4’s around me dunno why since they been off all winter everything seems to have disappeared ? Lazy b*****ds they are 

• Like 1

Can only think it can be great for wildlife. Sure, if your near a town, it's like dawn of the dead... Every fecker is marching everywhere and disturbing critters BUT most farms and estates must have seen a dramatic drop in pest control and people on the land.

I honestly believe this is a godsend to wildlife in this country, not since the war has there been so few out 'bothering' it...

Should be boomtime next season... I hope!!

keepers around here are busy enough and they seem to have all their bird traps about and stink pits supplied with bait.Ive never seen as many folk walking the rural footpaths.Ground nesting birds seem to be getting far more disturbance and ive come across shot rabbits and crows on some of my permission,i know its not the keepers.its rare i see a fox around here and next season will be no different,the industrial and semi rural sites that hold them will be the same as they always are.