I have been playing with my son in laws BSF rifle that was given to him last year. It is in need of some tweeking with our Si hopefully able to make it sing sweetley again BUT whilst it is down on power and only in my cottage garden offering only 15mts, this rifle certainly performs well.   I popped on a dovetail to weaver rail as the only scope I could use was my Mamba Lite which has weaver mounts and I couldn't be bothered changing them, not ideal but nevertheless good enough to pass some time in the garden as we can't go on any of our perms at this moment in time.

If our Jimmy got his hands on this rifle, it would come back gleaming, I KNOW, and if I can buy it from my son in law, I will be asking me ole mate to work his magic when the weather turns crap next winter but in the meantime, it is putting a smile on my face.   I spoke to Si yesterday regarding trigger weight as this is something that needs looking at but between us in the conversation we had, I am not sure where the hell the adjuster is, so that is something to think about.

I ran a 10 shot string through the combro today using .22 JSB Exact RS pellets and the results are as follows:=

1.   9.46 fpe       564 fps

2.   9.40              562

3.   9.32               559

4.   9.26               558

5.   9.25               557

6.   9.25               557

7.   9.46               564

8.   9.42               562

9.   9.34               560

10. 9.46               564

Average    9.36 fpe     560 fps

Here are a few photos of the old girl, no not my wife, the gun.........................?

20200326_142641_zpsnbfi8jl0.jpg

20200326_142645_zpszjht9frs.jpg

20200326_142653_zpsj4ab9zyb.jpg

The stock has some grain which having seen some of Jimmy's other work, I think it could come up rather nice.  Far better than the varnish that is on although the wood is in far far better condition than the metalwork.    Sorry last photo is crap, shakey hands.

Phil

• Like 3

Plenty of info` on these rifles if you google it.

There's a particularly good section on the BBS forum Phil.

Plenty of power in them after a good service too :good:

Looking at the photos of them they really do scrub up well .

Is the trigger adjustment screw not directly behind the trigger blade  and within the trigger guard ?

Good luck.

• Like 1

The screw behind the trigger moves the trigger back and forwards not trigger weight Mark, I tried it yesterday. I will have a look at bbs thanks.

I am not happy with that power level for live quarry Shark to be honest but whilst it is not used for hunting, I would like it to be as good as possible.

Phil

I had a b55 which is basically the same rifle with a shorter barrel. Mine was venom tuned with a custom tyrolean stock. It ran at about exactly the same power that yours is Phil. My only slight disappointment was the power, although in reality it didn’t matter much. It was a lovely rifle and the build quality was superb. Probably the air rifle I most regret ever selling. I actually advertised it, along with a few others in the ad-mag. Got home from work and it had sold, my wife said the buyer didn’t quibble on price and nearly snatched it from her hands. He didn’t even ask to try it out first. I missed the bleddy thing straight away. What a mistakey to makey ?........

• Sad 1

Just been having a few shots in the garden and I don't know if I am just feeling weak this morning but the trigger seemed heavier than it did the other day.  With this in mind, I got out a set of fishing scales, not ideal I know but they are all I have available for now and the results were a bit of a surprise to say the least,  15 - 17lbs. Even if we make a small allowance for any inaccuracy in the scales, it is still bloody heavy.

Definitely in need of a Si Brown touch of TLC.

Phil

24 minutes ago, philpot said:

Just been having a few shots in the garden and I don't know if I am just feeling weak this morning but the trigger seemed heavier than it did the other day.  With this in mind, I got out a set of fishing scales, not ideal I know but they are all I have available for now and the results were a bit of a surprise to say the least,  15 - 17lbs. Even if we make a small allowance for any inaccuracy in the scales, it is still bloody heavy.

Definitely in need of a Si Brown touch of TLC.

Phil

if it wasn't for this lockdown id have a drive down.. glorious day and were housebound :( 

• Sad 1
19 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

So would i lol pick me rifle up and drop this gun cabinet off

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yeah this lockdowns shite, usually find a crate of beer in the back garden that’s been thrown over the fence for meat!

all me pensioners are to scared to come out:( 

• Sad 1

I know boys, such a shame but it will all come back to normal at some stage and with any luck, we will still be here to enjoy it.

I just wish I had bought the HW57 when I had the chance then I would be laughing.

Phil