Running dogs along the bike

Just done the short one this affa, 50 mins, no dramas ?usually they run a few squizzers or phezzies but a few people about so nothing about.

In winter there's occasionally deer so it gets interesting then. ?

Cheers, D.

On 31/03/2020 at 11:08, dogmad riley said:

Every other day I like to bike mine at side of me and just free run at side while I bike. 

Quad would be easier though ?

Dog seems to enjoy it and they cover alot more ground. 

any lads no any  wee quads..... going reasonable price  pm me......

On 31/03/2020 at 17:42, bird said:

ive done it in the past, with my lurchers , just 3 mile aday , at riding trot as it called, just nice steady pace. well never had any probs before with my other lurchers running with  the bike, even if say a tree rat or the odd rabbit moving in bottom of edge as rode past, they have look little pull to them, but not to bad to handle .  Well   when Buck  my 1x gsd x grey was younger 18 month - 2 year old , i tried him with ruining with  bike, went great at 1st got great pace with he looked brill great movement , this by the way where i lived before down the country lanes where i lived. well going nice pace done 2  1/2 mile, nearly home , when tree rat ran down bottom of tree , Buck seen it went right for it dragged me , put me breaks on feet down on floor , couldnt stop the twat, pulled through bottom edge :censored: . 2nd time , week after  a brown cat ran across the track , towards a farm dragged me good 35 yds before  i could stop, he must thought it was fox . but i t was to dangerous   as you get few cars and tractors use these lanes as well, so fook it  i just walked after  that  lol

Had the same happen to me when a hare jumped up, it's not fooking funny being dragged along with no control by a pathological lurcher.

Always enjoy bit of time biking the dog , i've got a canal bout 1/4 mile from me so usually drop on the towpath, so there free running 95% of the time . Do around 30/40 minutes then turn round and go back ? Vary the speed between steady trot and drop a gear and peddle like a maniac for say half a minute . gets them .… and me blowing 

2 hours ago, talt said:

Had the same happen to me when a hare jumped up, it's not fooking funny being dragged along with no control by a pathological lurcher.

That's why I used a long horse leader wrapped loosely round my hand that can be unfurled if they take off, gives you that vital second to brake and ready yourself ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

It’ good where i live got an railway line right outside my door dog jogs great along side the bike but as soon as i get so far down there u can see if anyone about and if no one about i just let him of to free run atb longers01 

6 hours ago, Balaur said:

Got out last light after waking from a meat coma earlier.. lovely cool air especially as house is like an oven....had to spit a few knats out and took a big to the eye...

IMG_20200409_202331875.jpg

Yeah ya gorra watch them bigs nasty feckers at times specially in the rut 

• Haha 1