House bound

4 hours ago, jigsaw said:

i tell ye Moocher ,there were days he amazed me ,caught stuff i had said no chance of catching ,and there were a few days he f***ing let the side down too ,but over all he was a bundle of fun to have around ,i took lots of everything with him,he hunted down and found stuff i never knew was there at times ,he was a great family dog too,as is the way in our house ,if they last the 2cd season they then get the pampered treatment ...i was out every chance i got with him,it ended up i did the driving he did the finding and catching ...great memories,i was hoping some day a good bitch would turn up for a pup out of him but it wasnt to be ,i was asked to cover a whippet x type of bitch one time but i decided it wasnt a x id have an interest in then so put the owner on to a more suitable stud ..might be too late now to keep him around in a pup from him but not to worry , 

he sounds like he did you well  ,I got a retired whippet x sal that was a good dog in his day but age slows every one and he happy plodding along river and spoilt rotten by the family .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Can’t believe you ain’t done it too now, should done it years back pal, stick him to that grey you got an you’ll have lots fun with a pup ?

The right bitch never came along katch, and it's mostly dogs I've had, I might put him on the bitch, but I'd have to cull a few pups I'd say, trying to home them would be a bother I'd say, and that's what's putting me off

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Did you think of taking a couple of straws? You could cover your kelpie cross if she turns out good. Saluki/collie/grey is often a good cross so I'd guess saluki/kelpie/grey would be too.

Not sure I'd fancy covering the kelpie X, she's very small and not something I'd be contemplating really, I'd like to keep the size and speed up, a thing she won't be blessed with I think

12 hours ago, jigsaw said:

The right bitch never came along katch, and it's mostly dogs I've had, I might put him on the bitch, but I'd have to cull a few pups I'd say, trying to home them would be a bother I'd say, and that's what's putting me off

That's why I told myself never breed another litter ,soon as folk no you have pups it brings out all the crazy people and to place pup in a good working home is hard graft ,

i rather buy a pup in from workers than breed my own due to finding homes for pups .

lurcher game isn't what it used to be ,after all plenty world beaters getting raffled on fb and only 6 moons and taking it all ? And only 50 notes a number .

poor jooks what chance have they got ,I not one for culling pups but they better of going to the wall than in the hands of low life gets that sell there granny if they had one !!!

to many lurchers in rescues today for me to even think about taken a litter out my bitch ,

Take care every one 

atb 

mooch 

• Like 2