I know it's not a post about a captive bred bird's this. But what a glorious site to see in your back yard " the smallest bird in our country " Yes the gold crest  BEAUTIFUL  . To see one or two of them lets say a pair in your garden is an honnor.  But to see six in your back conifers working there way across them feeding " well I'm gobsmacked ".  And one of them came up the fence line on the otherside of the fence me itching to see it pop up haha So it did popped up with some nest material fluffed up as big has him lol brilliant guys brilliant. Any one else got the gold crest knocking about. Any pics of them my camera is poor as piss lol.

• Like 1

My neighbour has a pine tree of some sort in his front garden and i see one maybe once a month going up the trunk of it hunting out bits to eat,got to be one of the prettiest birds in the uk and i'd love to see how small a new hatched chick is..

4 hours ago, fireman said:

My neighbour has a pine tree of some sort in his front garden and i see one maybe once a month going up the trunk of it hunting out bits to eat,got to be one of the prettiest birds in the uk and i'd love to see how small a new hatched chick is..

They lay upto 18 eggs an the female leaves the cock to brood the clutch an chips off to make another nest an have another brood on the go at same time mate. They make nests out of spiders webs an moss " and have the nest suspended from the conifers " double brood too. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

This is the book I took the pic from fireman it's a great read lots of knowledge on British an european birds. Helped me a lot with my photo memory on identify many birds when I've got back home or pics I've took of them. 

20200403_171440.jpg

I have that very same book mate..:drinks:..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ditchman said:

4 peacocks have just landed onmy mates roof ...god knows where they come from......

peacocks 003tn_.JPG

Was watching news few months back about peacocks on a neighbourhood running it wild they was. ?? Too Gooders talking about how stressed they was having them about on there new lawns and making loads of noise lol sad b*****ds.