The Pro Sport is the last to be done.

Well with all the self isolation I`ve hit the home practice range with a vengeance and fine zeroed all my rifles this last week.

The Pro Sport is a rifle that Jimmy, ( Big Mac ),spoke many a word to me about and eventually, after a nice job at work I treated myself to a walnut Pro Sport in .177 cal` a few years back.

So glad I listened to him, she remains untouched and I think will always stay that way with me.

Here's her numbers last night from cold - 810.367 ft/sec`,  11.48 ft/lbs.

1st card, shot cold, 38 yards.( 12 shot group)

IMG_1433.JPG.fc89195386ef24a2ca452beacbc9eb18.JPG

2nd card.

IMG_1435.JPG.b1b6a9452ac79e2d413192b48d2bb0f9.JPG

3rd last.

Now running warm and very accurate, her figures had rose to 814 ft/sec`, 11.58 ft/lbs. a difference of less than 4 ft/second from shot 1 to shot 40 approx`.

I felt that confident with her that I went for the two tiny BSA riflemen in either top corner at 38 yds.;)

IMG_1437.JPG.ed586a76e81f0e495a646a85f768d161.JPG

Made up with the Pro Sport.

atb. Mark.

• Like 6

Must admit that I actually WANT a springer Mark to do exactly as you are doing to pass time in the garden, something you would not expect to hear from me but there it is.   There is no point in using the Impact in the garden, no challenge, I will leave that for hunting.

I was saying to Si, made a big mistake not buying an HW57 when I had the chance but I am popping a scope on my son in laws BSF springer which is low on power but nevertheless it will do (hopefully) to give me a bit of a challenge although I don't know if it will give up the ghost so we will see.

I NEED A SPRINGER..............................................?

Phil

• Haha 1

Pro sport ,,,,what can i say

My first one the CROW SPORT as rez nicknamed it and the all the lads called it after that lol

was one hell of a rifle and deadly accurate in my hands ,

yes there a lump to carry around but fit in the fore hand just right some hate them some love them same with every rifle i suppose .

A little story

Viz my shooting partner hated them he had just bought a brand new lefty tx 200hc one morning and we both hit the crows one afternoon in lambing season every shot out of the crow sport was a hit 

while viz was every other shot with the tx i put mine down to answer the call of nature and when i returned vis say,d

this is mint this rifle he never missed a shot nor did he for an hour and a half it took that long to get the crow sport back

you see he had switched rifles and was using the crow sport lol.

Now iv had loads of pro sports and every one has been top notch stunning stocks in walnut even the beach one i had was stunning .

Two of my fav springers are the hw97(which i had to talk mark into as well) and the pro sport  which is best well 

some may say the 97 some may say the ps me i like to think there on par with each other both deadly in the right hands

and at the time both in 22 .

Enjoy them both Mark two cracking rifles mate even if it did take months for it to sink in to that brain of yours to get them.

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

Yes the Pro Sport is a heavy rifle but if you are a static hunter, which I am mostly, that weight really plays into your hands .

Shooting a heavy rifle off Primos sticks and seated makes for a very, steady set up, and that's what we all strive for .

The HW 97K I shoot is also a very fine rifle in every way and like the Sport, if you do your bit you'll find it hard to miss with either of these two. :good:

Before the question comes, of all the rifles I own there really is`nt a preference unless I,m on any needed pest control, then the HW 100 KT takes over, not for accuracy mind but least movement and quietness involved.

Happy isolation lads.:boredom:

• Like 2