Lurchers in North America

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright mate I remember a few lads from your side of the water ran coyotes with staghounds don’t know if they’re still at it but if you want a ‘proper’ dog ?source a greyhound bitch and put a good pit

Remember a lad called Dan? Over there ran lurchers.... Stuntman also... 

Dan Edwards weren’t it ? 

3 hours ago, Busher100 said:

If yas gonna be willing to spend the money importing a pup from over here to be honest your probably best off (and save you time rearing a pup for at least 2 years that might be no good) looking for adult track greyhound bitches Over where you are and testing them you’ll go through a few to get one that has some balls but that’s the same with any breed and the best greyhound to breed from I’d say is a decent working greyhound regardless of how it’s bred.  

I just saw something the other day about how there’s a bunch of actively racing greys being given up up here because of this covid stuff, might be my lucky time to go take a look! Appreciate it mate !

8 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Depends what yas hunting I suppose but I don’t know if a Mali or Dutch herder x would have the same fire as a well bred bull x I’ve not seen the Mali or shepherd Xs go but that’s just my opinion 

Yas not bill yas pussy

I was lead to believe that the running dog game in the USA is a difficult beast to handle. 

Justbfrom a few lads i served with who all hunt but look at me as if I’m mental when I say that we use dogs here ..

Anyway , m h Dutch salmons gazehounds and coursing is a seminal piece of work . 

There is another book about the last old type coyote men whose name escapes me also 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I was lead to believe that the running dog game in the USA is a difficult beast to handle. 

Justbfrom a few lads i served with who all hunt but look at me as if I’m mental when I say that we use dogs here ..

Anyway , m h Dutch salmons gazehounds and coursing is a seminal piece of work . 

There is another book about the last old type coyote men whose name escapes me also 

I’ll have to look up that gazehounds & coursing book. Nothin but time these days for a good read. I just read a book called something like the hounds that tamed the west coulda been the one you’re thinking of 

On 29/03/2020 at 19:53, Northmanworkingdog said:

My pals & I are starting to get out of the hound game & are looking to get our hands on a couple running dogs to work. Hoping we can find someone on here who might know someone who’s got some lurchers in Canada/the US.

What kinda prey you wanting to run here?