Lurchers in North America

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright mate I remember a few lads from your side of the water ran coyotes with staghounds don’t know if they’re still at it but if you want a ‘proper’ dog ?source a greyhound bitch and put a good pit

Remember a lad called Dan? Over there ran lurchers.... Stuntman also... 

Dan Edwards weren’t it ? 

Alright mate I remember a few lads from your side of the water ran coyotes with staghounds don’t know if they’re still at it but if you want a ‘proper’ dog ?source a greyhound bitch and put a good pit over it that would be the easiest way for yas to get started, unless ya wanna go through the whole buying someone else’s stock and praying they not lying to ya. Atb mate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Who was it that crossed a shepherd over a running dog out there think they was going collie route as well, was it stuntman? Was few year ago. 

I think stuntman or one the good old yanks posted a pic of a big first x Mali grey years ago that might be the one your on about?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Alright mate I remember a few lads from your side of the water ran coyotes with staghounds don’t know if they’re still at it but if you want a ‘proper’ dog ?source a greyhound bitch and put a good pit over it that would be the easiest way for yas to get started, unless ya wanna go through the whole buying someone else’s stock and praying they not lying to ya. Atb mate

We’re gonna start lookin into where we might get decent greyhounds today, I think short of shippin a pup from your side of the pond that’s our best shot. Got a few good buds with some nice bulls so we’ll probably take it from there. Appreciate the reply bud! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Busher100 said:

I think stuntman or one the good old yanks posted a pic of a big first x Mali grey years ago that might be the one your on about?

I’m a dog trainer by trade, just started a new male Dutchy/mal pup to be a pp dog, if that x works out here I definitely have access to the herders lol 

6 hours ago, Northmanworkingdog said:

I’m a dog trainer by trade, just started a new male Dutchy/mal pup to be a pp dog, if that x works out here I definitely have access to the herders lol 

Depends what yas hunting I suppose but I don’t know if a Mali or Dutch herder x would have the same fire as a well bred bull x I’ve not seen the Mali or shepherd Xs go but that’s just my opinion 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Northmanworkingdog said:

We’re gonna start lookin into where we might get decent greyhounds today, I think short of shippin a pup from your side of the pond that’s our best shot. Got a few good buds with some nice bulls so we’ll probably take it from there. Appreciate the reply bud! 

If yas gonna be willing to spend the money importing a pup from over here to be honest your probably best off (and save you time rearing a pup for at least 2 years that might be no good) looking for adult track greyhound bitches Over where you are and testing them you’ll go through a few to get one that has some balls but that’s the same with any breed and the best greyhound to breed from I’d say is a decent working greyhound regardless of how it’s bred.  

• Like 1