The USA and covid 19

To anyone who is in the USA,  Whats is  it like there in regard to supplies,  Panic buying and hoarding.?  Here in the UK the populace for some random reason went out panic buying toilet rolls.  Christ knows why but they thought that they would get violent squats and weren't going to get caught out when the shit hit the pan.  How has it panned out in regard to the amount of shootouts at the shops over a pack of bog rolls ect.  Here the situation has calmed down somewhat.  The mass free for all has been subdued by a combination of things.  Limiting the take to three items of anything per customer.  The personal stock saturation levels in homes of bog rolls , tins of beans and everything has stabilised. Only admitting a certain amount of customers on the floor and tills,  High levels of stock resupply and a 2 metre personal distance and a lot of people have spent out.  Sellers of freezers have done well has has the local Paki shop.  How is it where you are?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm doing nightly patrols of my barn.Im afraid somebody gonna steal my wheat straw to wipe their ass with.

We've seen panic buying of bottled water, sh*t tickets, and hand sanitizer. Demand has temporarily outstripped supply but it's certainly not anything like the "news" and "social media" are reporting.

I live in a backwoods hicktown.The only thing my wife struggled to find was chicken for some reason.Although a friend who works construction called to tell me that he just went into a porta jon and so

3 minutes ago, Meece said:

To anyone who is in the USA,  Whats is  it like there in regard to supplies,  Panic buying and hoarding.?  Here in the UK the populace for some random reason went out panic buying toilet rolls.  Christ knows why but they thought that they would get violent squats and weren't going to get caught out when the shit hit the pan.  How has it panned out in regard to the amount of shootouts at the shops over a pack of bog rolls ect.  Here the situation has calmed down somewhat.  The mass free for all has been subdued by a combination of things.  Limiting the take to three items of anything per customer.  The personal stock saturation levels in homes of bog rolls , tins of beans and everything has stabilised. Only admitting a certain amount of customers on the floor and tills,  High levels of stock resupply and a 2 metre personal distance and a lot of people have spent out.  Sellers of freezers have done well has has the local Paki shop.  How is it where you are?

We've seen panic buying of bottled water, sh*t tickets, and hand sanitizer. Demand has temporarily outstripped supply but it's certainly not anything like the "news" and "social media" are reporting. This has largely died down now as people are starting to realise that the supply hasn't been cut and most food stores are still getting multiple daily deliveries.

Not heard of shootouts over bogroll but that's not to say it hasn't happened. Yanks will shoot out over pretty much anything and again you're onto clickbait headlines.

Travel and work restrictions vary from state to state. NY and parts of Cali and Washington have lockdowns in place. Where I am in southern Utah the governor is advising shelter in place for all but essential commerce but it's not mandatory... yet.

2m (6ft) distancing is required. A lot of shops have closed temporarily but all supermarkets and pharmacies are open. You can't sit in a restaurant but you can get food to go or go through the drive-thru. Open stores are limiting the amount of customers but basically the market has adapted. Ammunition has disappeared off the shelves and this panic has sold more guns than Obama's reelection bid in 2012.

The atmosphere varies and seems to correspond with the amount of visual stimulus on the individual. Rational people listening/watching fact checked media are generally calmer than the clickbait kids that are circulating as much doom and gloom as you can imagine. Sound familiar?

• Like 2

I live in a backwoods hicktown.The only thing my wife struggled to find was chicken for some reason.Although a friend who works construction called to tell me that he just went into a porta jon and somebody had ripped the lock off the toilet paper holder and stolen the role.Humans now days have the survival instincts of roadkill.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

We've seen panic buying of bottled water, sh*t tickets, and hand sanitizer. Demand has temporarily outstripped supply but it's certainly not anything like the "news" and "social media" are reporting. This has largely died down now as people are starting to realise that the supply hasn't been cut and most food stores are still getting multiple daily deliveries.

Not heard of shootouts over bogroll but that's not to say it hasn't happened. Yanks will shoot out over pretty much anything and again you're onto clickbait headlines.

Travel and work restrictions vary from state to state. NY and parts of Cali and Washington have lockdowns in place. Where I am in southern Utah the governor is advising shelter in place for allr  but essential commerce but it's not mandatory... yet.

2m (6ft) distancing is required. A lot of shops have closed temporarily but all supermarkets and pharmacies are open. You can't sit in a restaurant but you can get food to go or go through the drive-thru. Open stores are limiting the amount of customers but basically the market has adapted. Ammunition has disappeared off the shelves and this panic has sold more guns than Obama's reelection bid in 2012.

The atmosphere varies and seems to correspond with the amount of visual stimulus on the individual. Rational people listening/watching fact checked media are generally calmer than the clickbait kids that are circulating as much doom and gloom as you can imagine. Sound familiar?

your basically the same as us here north

apart from any shoot outs lol

5 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

your basically the same as us here north

apart from any shoot outs lol

I was going to ask how you were doing north of the border! :laugh:

Now that the initial panic buying has died down most are in pretty decent spirits, or at least drinking pretty decent spirits.

Managed to get hold of my mam and dad on Whatsapp and they're holding up okay which has been a relief. :thumbs:

• Like 1
Just now, ChrisJones said:

I was going to ask how you were doing north of the border! :laugh:

Now that the initial panic buying has died down most are in pretty decent spirits, or at least drinking pretty decent spirits.

Managed to get hold of my mam and dad on Whatsapp and they're holding up okay which has been a relief. :thumbs:

We had panic buying the other week

now its 2 items of anything now

and a limited number of customers per store.

damn Offy cut its hours but i stocked up with beer.

off work til april 9th but back in tomorrow to secure some of our facilities.

otherwise sask isnt really in that much trouble compared to other provinces 

life goes on in butt fck nowhere land

• Like 1

Sounds like we're in similar circumstances. We're seeing limited cases so far but that could lead people to ignore the recommendations and act like it isn't an issue with a false sense of security.

As essential industry I still have to turn up every day... We'll see how that plays out.

3 minutes ago, kanny said:

Just speaking to a lad on Discord from over the pond and it seems pretty much the same we had here but with ammo  added. 

Aye. My ammo guy usually gets orders in the hundreds of rounds per customer. Now they're in tens of thousands!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kanny said:

Just speaking to a lad on Discord from over the pond and it seems pretty much the same we had here but with ammo  added. 

bizarrely the liberal government here decided all gun stores are classed as essential services

they cant keep up with the sheer amount of online orders for guns and ammo.

we have an impending gun ban coming lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

Aye. My ammo guy usually gets orders in the hundreds of rounds per customer. Now they're in tens of thousands!

damn yanks have pushed our ammo prices thru the roof now

even dealers are saying there could be a shortage up here for months to come

Just now, Ted Newgent said:

damn yanks have pushed our ammo prices thru the roof now

even dealers are saying there could be a shortage up here for months to come

Raw materials for the loaders are on back order going back months. Shortages are on the way and even the big box stores are limiting purchases of all calibres.

• Like 1