Beddy greyhound

3 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

I don’t think the mans doubting what she says mate, I think it’s because there’s a tone to her posts that there’s nobody out there testing beddy crosses properly like she is, and this is bound to get some people’s backs up because there’ll be men out there giving beddy crosses plenty work but keep under the radar.

You mean same tone that every man on here uses including your self regularly that tone ???Giving it the people don’t work there dogs enough we all say it mate my self including.

• Like 1

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I owned a Beddy/whippet bitch,about21",a few decades ago now.I paid about £20 for it at 14 months of age and the lad was sick of it because it chased hard and would not strike.I spent a few months get

Lovely bitch Poxon. Think mines done in height now 23.5tts 10 months. 

My beddy lurcher 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, poxon said:

You mean same tone that every man on here uses including your self regularly that tone ???Giving it the people don’t work there dogs enough we all say it mate my self including.

I don’t care how often people work their dogs whether it’s 5 times a week or once a month, what gets me is when people lie about how much they do that’s different.

I agree with some of what she says but not all of it, for me beating on a shoot isn’t working a lurcher, and if you’re on a shoot a few days a week how much work can your dogs realistically get cause they need rest days as well.

If I want to test a dog I’ll go out and graft it properly not spend days walking in a beating line but we’re all different 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, poxon said:

I never slated the girl or her dogs ? Just flying the flag for the bedlington nowt more as they get nowt but stick ? There are lads out there with bloody good digging dogs who cant get a decent out cross so av to turn back to lakeys all because the bedlington scene was ruined by cash those seeking to see there name in books full of shite and egos ? I do see now im flogging a dead horse trying to defend the breed its pointless 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

I don’t care how often people work their dogs whether it’s 5 times a week or once a month, what gets me is when people lie about how much they do that’s different.

I agree with some of what she says but not all of it, for me beating on a shoot isn’t working a lurcher, and if you’re on a shoot a few days a week how much work can your dogs realistically get cause they need rest days as well.

If I want to test a dog I’ll go out and graft it properly not spend days walking in a beating line but we’re all different 

How do mean graft it ? Lamping ?

2 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Where in what i have just said have i knocked her or her dog ?  In fact if you scroll back you see where i said its a tidy looking animal ? Like iv said. Beddys get a bad press coz instant beddy experts claiming all sort of shite and breeding shite takin the believers money at the same time wanting there name in some crap book ? Yes maybe your right the real thing may av gone but that aint the breeds fault ? And if all beddys are shite why put it in your lines ? Iv not once said there world.beaters but they put in a good shift and.in the end it comes down to what suits the the individual ? And what a lot do seem to forget is you get out what you put in ? Whatever x it is ?

You haven’t nocked her or her dog you have discredited a opinion she offered on a open forum you replied to her post so it’s addressed to her not to the forum post you your self have replied many times on post on here about bedlingtons in the past about people breeding shit the peddling racket people not trying them an telling people what you do with your dog bit hypocritical ain’t it when someone says the same thing your saying an you get a bee in your bonnet about people always calling beddy xs ?.No one as said there all shit but a good majority are shit there facts sadly Mooch me an you know this because we come on here an chat shit an own beddy xs our selfs??‍♂️.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

I never slated the girl or her dogs ? Just flying the flag for the bedlington nowt more as they get nowt but stick ? There are lads out there with bloody good digging dogs who cant get a decent out cross so av to turn back to lakeys all because the bedlington scene was ruined by cash those seeking to see there name in books full of shite and egos ? I do see now im flogging a dead horse trying to defend the breed its pointless 

No one has said you have mooch calm down chum....chill! She’s doing the same thing as you we all are we’re flying the bedlington lurcher flag an promoting them but only real ones the difference is you can’t go promoting every bedlington x because that’s we’re the peddling c**t come in to make there money Out of peddling 

mooch the horse as been dead a while no point in waisting energy keep flogging the thing 

7 minutes ago, poxon said:

You haven’t nocked her or her dog you have discredited a opinion she offered on a open forum you replied to her post so it’s addressed to her not to the forum post you your self have replied many times on post on here about bedlingtons in the past about people breeding shit the peddling racket people not trying them an telling people what you do with your dog bit hypocritical ain’t it when someone says the same thing your saying an you get a bee in your bonnet about people always calling beddy xs ?.No one as said there all shit but a good majority are shit there facts sadly Mooch me an you know this because we come on here an chat shit an own beddy xs our selfs??‍♂️.

Only thing i dissagreed was the beddy being slated ? Im glad she works a lurcher to its potentical as many dont anymore it mainly just aim point fire these days ? Maybe im to close to me sell by date and stuck in me ways ? Lol but i stick by its horses 4 courses and all rounder dosent exist ?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Same as me pal I don’t give a f**k at all what others do with there dogs I’m only interested in what I’m doing an what I’ve got I please my self 

isn’t getting a dog on a beating line if you can (But not essential) not part of testing a dog? To see how adaptable a good dog can be Under different situations it’s a useful thing to have under a dog that is classed as a all rounder 

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Same as me pal I don’t give a f**k at all what others do with there dogs I’m only interested in what I’m doing an what I’ve got I please my self 

isn’t getting a dog on a beating line if you can (But not essential) not part of testing a dog? To see how adaptable a good dog can be Under different situations it’s a useful thing to have under a dog that is classed as a all rounder 

If that’s what people are in to then for them they might think it’s important, just for me I don’t see it as lurcher work. Like you’d never judge a spaniel on its ability to run hares so it’s the same the other way round, and how far do we take it, you could probably train a lurcher to be a guide dog but it’s not part of the criteria to call it an all rounder.

Its hard to put in to words but I think if you’re taking a dog beating you’re using up a days energy to push pheasants to guns, if your mindset is that you want to test that dog to the max would you not be better using that energy for a day running hares, or a night on the rabbits?