Beddy greyhound

3 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Think thats the trouble with most they don’t do enough research, they see a few pics, hear a couple of people say it’s a good dog & thats their mind made up. Not huge number of people properly testing anything these days 

Agree there shadow. Got a dog here that people like to see work. He’s a decent dog. I would be lying if I said he’s been tested. I look at it like this....I would only stud him if I wanted a pup out of him. That would mean doing some homework and seeing the bitch work too. He will be worked but won’t ever go to stud. 

• Like 2

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I owned a Beddy/whippet bitch,about21",a few decades ago now.I paid about £20 for it at 14 months of age and the lad was sick of it because it chased hard and would not strike.I spent a few months get

Lovely bitch Poxon. Think mines done in height now 23.5tts 10 months. 

My beddy lurcher 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, poxon said:

To many liers in the game mate there only interested in money an self promoting there selfs to a audience

Been stung by it myself in the past had pups off dogs meant to tested to the max, then when they reach 2 year old and you start grafting them hard they buckle. Come to realise people have different ideas of what a good tested dog is. You’re right what you say they love the praise from the audience on these sites that’s what matters to them

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, white van man said:

Agree there shadow. Got a dog here that people like to see work. He’s a decent dog. I would be lying if I said he’s been tested. I look at it like this....I would only stud him if I wanted a pup out of him. That would mean doing some homework and seeing the bitch work too. He will be worked but won’t ever go to stud. 

Im exact same with mine, only bitches my dogs will ever go over are ones owned by good mates that I run with. I’d take a pup if I wanted one and others would be gifted to good lads no money changing hands at all. 

• Like 3

Im exact same with mine, only bitches my dogs will ever go over are ones owned by good mates that I run with. I’d take a pup if I wanted one and others would be gifted to good lads no money changing hands at all. 

My mates after a pup for his young lad... He got a working beddy, proven earth dog..... Looking for an ex racer bitch to take on and breed a litter of genuine f1 beddy greys? He don't like crowds and can smell a messer from 250 yds away lol.... Anyone genuine able to help him out? 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, white van man said:

I think there will be decent beddy X out there kept in small circles. The ones for sale advertised as green grass types and fetching £400 + need to be discounted. I had a beddy grey type as my first Lurcher. I was a kid and he was wasted on me to be honest. Would love to have him as a pup again now. I just know he had it in him to make a very good dog. I tried to get one a couple of years ago but the line has finished. People need to think twice before they stud out to just any old bitch and the same goes for for the dams owner. You got to know what you want and see the dogs doing what you want. Not just Facebook pictures. Sounds like you put a lot of effort and time in poxon. ?

There is definitely a few in small circles out there mate but the circles are so small that we decided to create our own small circle because getting truth out of people was so hard we definitely know what we want in our circle second rate is not good enough or a option we’re not in to dogs for the ££ it’s got to be a allrounder an good at it to be in the little program of ours to continue on what we want getting honest people in the circle that know what they want to see has been a mission we have given up an decided keep just our own type bred stuff we’re be dabbleing in a bit of line breeding down the road the next dog going in will potentially be a greyhound dog that’s in the pipe line to do a bit. Mate I put more effort in to finding the right bedlington greyhound for what we wanted than I did at school 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My mates after a pup for his young lad... He got a working beddy, proven earth dog..... Looking for an ex racer bitch to take on and breed a litter of genuine f1 beddy greys? He don't like crowds and can smell a messer from 250 yds away lol.... Anyone genuine able to help him out? 

Be interesting to see how this goes off dan your mate sounds like a good man with his head screwed on ??Wish the fella all the best hope he gets lucky with a decent brood bitch ??

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Just in from old bobs kennels hes lining bruces and tank mates dog sister soon as shes in season put her nephew over her 

That’s the thing Davy you know where this breeding comes from and long bob has had it going for.like I said there is no one else on here or that I know of can trace there line back like bob can.The best thing is with bobs buddy crosses they are properly line bred and good workers to your dogs brother was tested that my stepson got and loved big game and teeth and the speed in this line is unbelievable as you know mate.I that little shit of a stepson didn’t do what he did to me I would of still had them now and tank would of been knackered lol.

Ran beddy x a good bit now , one bitch was a very good fox bitch game as thay come mute she found hunted up an killed a lot of fox with her had two more beddy greyhound one jacked bitch got now , if wanted an out an out fox dog the beddy greyhound needs a bit of bull adding 

• Like 3