Best £15 I've spent in a while

Thought about getting one for my dog for sheep as he is good as gold when he's next to me or close enough but soon as he's a bit away he turns into a right f**k nut and chases them again even though he knows full well he shouldn't then he comes back eventually with his tale between his legs. I decided not to in the end and just keep on going and putting work in to him he will get there one day I reckon 

5 hours ago, brambles said:

My recommendation to people who use them is put it round your own fecking neck and give the controller to yer wife and see if you get a   better recall 

Don,t you shoot your vinegar to quick.

• Haha 1

I had a Bull/Grey bitch a few years back now and while out one night she misssed a fox and then decided to latch onto a sheep but let go again as my mate was close by and shouted her off it. This bitch had never touched a sheep before but the doubt was there in the back of my mind now. Despite walking her around sheep during the day and her taking no notice I wasn't convinced/confident. My mate told me to borrow his Pacdog and use this next time out with the instructions set it full blast and no warning tones. Next night out we lamped a few fields and then came to a field full of sheep, collar was put on and I wasn't sure if she would go for a sheep. Well ffs she set off straight for a small herd of sheep and singled one out and as instructed just as she went to strike I pressed the button and the bitch flew upside down and skidded along the ground on her back and then came flying back howling and stood behind me peeking at the sheep. She never went for another sheep again but she never ran through them again either preffering to run round them instead. So yes an electric collar does have its uses and it stopped this bitch getting pts .

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, MickC said:

I had a Bull/Grey bitch a few years back now and while out one night she misssed a fox and then decided to latch onto a sheep but let go again as my mate was close by and shouted her off it. This bitch had never touched a sheep before but the doubt was there in the back of my mind now. Despite walking her around sheep during the day and her taking no notice I wasn't convinced/confident. My mate told me to borrow his Pacdog and use this next time out with the instructions set it full blast and no warning tones. Next night out we lamped a few fields and then came to a field full of sheep, collar was put on and I wasn't sure if she would go for a sheep. Well ffs she set off straight for a small herd of sheep and singled one out and as instructed just as she went to strike I pressed the button and the bitch flew upside down and skidded along the ground on her back and then came flying back howling and stood behind me peeking at the sheep. She never went for another sheep again but she never ran through them again either preffering to run round them instead. So yes an electric collar does have its uses and it stopped this bitch getting pts .

Yes mine was good as gold with sheep up untill 12 month ISH then one day switched on them and I haven't trusted him since so I got it for that mainly but also for recall as he dose like to hunt up and wander off and then ignore when called also he can be a f*cker if he misses on the lamp I've never had a dog like it so head strong 

1 minute ago, the lamping ferreter said:

Yes mine was good as gold with sheep up untill 12 month ISH then one day switched on them and I haven't trusted him since so I got it for that mainly but also for recall as he dose like to hunt up and wander off and then ignore when called also he can be a f*cker if he misses on the lamp I've never had a dog like it so head strong 

This bitch of mine was about 2 and half and had been broke to sheep from a pup,never ever been remotely interested in them until that night. The Pacdog cured her of the sheep no doubt about it .

7 minutes ago, MickC said:

This bitch of mine was about 2 and half and had been broke to sheep from a pup,never ever been remotely interested in them until that night. The Pacdog cured her of the sheep no doubt about it .

Yer he was fine I've got videos of him amongst sheep with lambs then a few months later he all sudden just went for them but most of the land round me are sheep so I need to sort it same with the recall was perfect then he started getting more and more ignorant I've done nothing diffent than any other dog with him and they've all been fine for recall and stock but this one his just coming on for 2 real good dog game as anything just so head strong 

If used properly i think there a god send for certain behaviours but if overdone can be problems. My mate had one for his doberman & when collar was on her obedience was unbelievable but with no collar on dog was a nightmare!!! Atb