6 hours ago, big sid said:

but he isnt a pestie he has other work in the front line but that doesnt give him the right to travel anywhere but to his job which he says is in the front line but not as a pestie, its like saying a checkout girl in the shop can go anywhere because she's essential worker but she can travel to her place of work not anywhere she wants to do a bit of snaring.

I told you to assume nothing.!

You are assuming I have to travel to the fox issue!

Put the bone done, step away from the bone. It's not your job to judge, let go of it.

Looks like I got something more caught in a snare! 

It'll only get tighter the more you pull!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I stepped out the door yesterday to walk the dog and I had couple of rabbit snares i was going to set in my hand. My route takes me on permission and I would seen no one. Police van pulled up behind me and told me irresponsible people running around setting snares would get people killed. A couple of rabbits would keep me out the supermarket a bit longer. But I didn't argue and took it on chin. They said I wasn't just walking the dog I was setting snares which is not necessary. They got a job to do and the poor sods are stuck out there doing it. So thats me just walking the dog from now full stop.. 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

There are guidlines from pest  control organisations.

They are only guidlines not Law but l guess any one with business insurance would do well to check with their insurers before ignoring them.

Without going into lots of detail .

Is the job critical to food contamination or public health?

Do you need to attend or can phone advice be given on temporary vermin proofing etc?

Are staff and /or clients protected or vulnerable?

Basically C19 has to be factored into any risk assessment and used to balence the need or otherwise  for immediate control.

Also what measures are in place should you exhibit symptoms of illness and need to completely self isolate or heaven forbid end up in care? Who will take over supervision of the pest control measures? Particuarly relevant if you have a snare or trapline running.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, terryd said:

I stepped out the door yesterday to walk the dog and I had couple of rabbit snares i was going to set in my hand. My route takes me on permission and I would seen no one. Police van pulled up behind me and told me irresponsible people running around setting snares would get people killed. A couple of rabbits would keep me out the supermarket a bit longer. But I didn't argue and took it on chin. They said I wasn't just walking the dog I was setting snares which is not necessary. They got a job to do and the poor sods are stuck out there doing it. So thats me just walking the dog from now full stop.. 

goodman terry, sausagedog all this talk of snares tightening  if i dont step back is that a poor attempt at humour or a veiled threat, depends how its took i suppose,that been the case this is my last post on this thread

8 hours ago, big sid said:

goodman terry, sausagedog all this talk of snares tightening  if i dont step back is that a poor attempt at humour or a veiled threat, depends how its took i suppose,that been the case this is my last post on this thread

Advice. No threat made or implied. Maybe you struggle with advice and see it as a threat to your manhood.

I advised to assume nothing, why? Because you don't know all the facts around my issue. I also told you you are not my judge which you had self appointed yourself.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/03/2020 at 13:15, Wideboy said:

What a waste, snaring vixen with cubs. Is the job paying that much that you need to do it? That’s not a dig at you, just can’t see the point this time of year! 

Nature can be cruel! I would set some wires for the cubs too if the ground and range permitted.

I suspect its a livestock protection situation so its a probably a necessary evil. Unfortunately young offspring do suffer sometimes in nature when the parent is killed whether by a human or the fox itself.

Its a emotive subject.

On 29/03/2020 at 18:46, Sausagedog said:

Who said only professional pest controllers are essential?

Assume nothing.

I use firearms most of the time.

My secular work is classed as essential and to save time I considered some snaring.

I got the info I needed. I did not want or need to be judged by you or anyone else thank you.

I am already at risk by working on government contracts related to the corvid virus of which you may be a benefactor!

Assume nothing!

What have crows etc got to do with the virus??

• Haha 2

I’ve got a trapping job today to catch a fox taking the farmers chickens. I assume as they eat the eggs that they lay it could be classed as essential. Who knows, but I do a fair bit of driving with work, and I’ve not been stopped by the police. I also walk the dogs and ride my bike, and the police just wave and carry on as normal. Fingers crossed it stays that way.