Anybody is ok to travel to and from work if you can’t do your job from home. You obviously need to travel to to the job so al along as you are on the way there or back your fine. 

30 minutes ago, socks said:

Anybody is ok to travel to and from work if you can’t do your job from home. You obviously need to travel to to the job so al along as you are on the way there or back your fine. 

Sorry mate I meant the actual snaring ?

Still legal in England to snare foxes as long as your snares to conform to the following. 

• WIRE. The wire cable must have a breaking strain of at least 208 kg (460 lbs). Fox snares are typically made of 2 mm wire cable. The wire must not be rusty, frayed, kinked or damaged in any way.
  • NON-MOVEABLE ANCHOR. Snares must be anchored so animals cannot escape and take the snare away with them. Anchors must be secure enough to prevent non-target animals, which may be stronger than foxes, from moving the anchor. The top of the anchor should be flush with the ground to prevent the animal winding the snare around it. Drag anchors must never be used.
  • TWO SWIVELS. Swivels allow the wire to rotate freely along its length and prevent the threads of the wire becoming either unwound or over-wound. Wire becomes weaker when unwound/over-wound and is easier for the animal to break, damage and escape. Swivels should be present at both the anchor point and between the anchor swivel and the eye.
  • FREE-RUNNING EYE. The running eye of the snare must move easily in both directions at the time the snare is set and must remain in this condition throughout use.
  • STOP. The snare must have a fixed stop to limit closure of the loop. For foxes, this just be fixed 26 cm from the running eye (see picture on page 9).
  • BREAK-AWAY. The snare must incorporate at the eye as its weakest point a ‘break-away’ of appropriate strength to allow the self-release of stronger non-target animals.

This Code is based on an equivalent document for Wales produced by the Welsh Government in 2015 and available online at: http://gov.wales/docs/desh/publications/150915-code-of-practice-snares-en.pdf

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, big sid said:

wrong socks you are allowed to travel to work if the type of work is essential and snareing a fox isnt.

Nope ... only travel if essential including to get to work ... medical reasons etc etc ......

• Like 1
On 28/03/2020 at 14:05, tilimangro said:

If the fox is endangering livestock it’s essential

get real, a keeper we do dens for was stopped in his truck and sent home because  his work is not essential, so stay home and save someones life.

1 minute ago, big sid said:

get real, a keeper we do dens for was stopped in his truck and sent home because  his work is not essential, so stay home and save someones life.

I’m a full time pest controller 

I’ve been told anything to do with food production and livestock means provided I observe the rules I can carry on

a keeper is non essential as it’s neither livestock or food production

thanks for your enlightening input

• Like 1

yes i agree as a pro pestie is exempt from restrictions, but the way i read it is sausagedog is just a lad like me, who is not a pro pestie and   should stick to the rules that are been imposed, if he is a pro pestie  he shouldnt need to ask. thanks for your  reply.

2 hours ago, big sid said:

yes i agree as a pro pestie is exempt from restrictions, but the way i read it is sausagedog is just a lad like me, who is not a pro pestie and   should stick to the rules that are been imposed, if he is a pro pestie  he shouldnt need to ask. thanks for your  reply.

Who said only professional pest controllers are essential?

Assume nothing.

I use firearms most of the time.

My secular work is classed as essential and to save time I considered some snaring.

I got the info I needed. I did not want or need to be judged by you or anyone else thank you.

I am already at risk by working on government contracts related to the corvid virus of which you may be a benefactor!

Assume nothing!

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 3
On 28/03/2020 at 13:10, big sid said:

wrong socks you are allowed to travel to work if the type of work is essential and snareing a fox isnt.

On 28/03/2020 at 13:10, big sid said:

That’s wrong to as I work in a steel place and what we do isn’t essential and where still open , when borris started the lock down he never said only essential jobs are aloud to stay open , we do work for 6 large company’s and none of them are closed  and what we do Isnt classed as essential but we and  them are still open , 

On 28/03/2020 at 13:19, socks said:

Nope ... only travel if essential including to get to work ... medical reasons etc etc ......

Exactly , that speech what borris did didn’t do anything other than confuse more people than help people , 

people think  that only essential workers are aloud to work when in fact he said only travel to work if it is essential and you cant 

work from home 

• Like 3

but he isnt a pestie he has other work in the front line but that doesnt give him the right to travel anywhere but to his job which he says is in the front line but not as a pestie, its like saying a checkout girl in the shop can go anywhere because she's essential worker but she can travel to her place of work not anywhere she wants to do a bit of snaring.