Corona and self employed

I'm not self employed but the mrs is and can't claim universal credit because of my wage so am I right in saying she wont get any lolly until June?

Think there's a few self employed people on here so hopefully we can use this thread to help each other :thumbs:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kanny said:

I'm not self employed but the mrs is and can't claim universal credit because of my wage so am I right in saying she wont get any lolly until June?

Think there's a few self employed people on here so hopefully we can use this thread to help each other :thumbs:

That's the way I see it mate, I'm self employed myself infact cis4 losing 20%at source my wife works full time so I won't qualify for universal credit 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Latest will be June, don't hang about with it though, and need to get tax returns in if you haven't already....

2018 to 19  tax returns are in  but obviously not this years.

40 minutes ago, kanny said:

2018 to 19  tax returns are in  but obviously not this years.

I'll be getting this year's tax return done online and sent this year on April 6 lol and get that rebate

42 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Seeing an hearing a lot more folk moan about average folk still out working 40/60 hour weeks. Most for minimum wage’ish am taking all risk to keep country afloat.

I have to say as one of them workers it is nice to see the country sorting everybody out, but let’s see if we get any thanks ? doubt it. Other than a thank you post or a million on fb??

if your really lucky  you might get a badge you can pin on your shirt    that sais HERO    but dont be banking on a knighthood ?

• 1 month later...

A couple of self employed lads i know have had their payment confirmation over the last few days....payment within 6 working days they said it was an easy straightforward procedure....quite impressive really.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

A couple of self employed lads i know have had their payment confirmation over the last few days....payment within 6 working days they said it was an easy straightforward procedure....quite impressive really.

Mrs did mine this morning she said it was easy, payment in within 6 days. Be good to get some money back

• Like 2

It sounds really well organised to be fair,seems like as long as your all kosher and above board hmrc has already done all the background stuff the lads said there wasnt really even any form filling in they had an email with a figure,you confirm it and its in your bank within 6 days......what more can you ask for.

• Like 1

I registered last Thursday with my UTR number and driving licence number and they gave me today the 13th to make my claim after 9am, logged in and was processed within 2 mins , told how much I would receive which I was quite happy with and told I'd receive it within 6 days, I'll be taxed on it next year but that was expected

• Like 1