• 3 months later...

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

Anyone been back to the gym much since they reopened? I went once but everything was a pain and now you have to wear a mask at all times except when doing a set lol. Cancelled my membership and I'll train at home instead

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Anyone been back to the gym much since they reopened? I went once but everything was a pain and now you have to wear a mask at all times except when doing a set lol. Cancelled my membership and I'll train at home instead

Nope, will leave it at least another month, the days will be shorter, if im feeling less active ill sign up for the winter.. My local one is quite empty except for the group classes in the evening & Id guess they are 50% down on what they were pre'youknowwhat'! 

Actually lost a fair bit of weight since ive not been, muscle and fat. I definately ate too much, but justified it by going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week. I doubt ill ever be like a rake but, my knees, ankles etc are probably happy to have 15kg to carry around.

Edited by Waz
11 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Yeah, pretty much normal except you have to steralise kit after use and they've fitted extractor fans.

yep going 4 sometimes 5 days a week since they reopened ....

we don't have to book ...and don't wear masks....ours is quite busy to be fair .....like katch ....I have been building a gym.....although its been in my mind 3 years.....lad at work welded me up a wall mounted half rack ....same as a rogue one....;)..painted black looks just right....going to keep picking bits and bobs up as I go along ...

• Like 2

have been back as soon as they were open.usual 3 times a week.after 4 months though i had lost nearly 50% of my strength.no power was a bit embarassing.so took it steady for a month and now back up to about 75% of what i was doing.my gym is getting very busy now more so than pre lock down.as said lots of hand sanitiser about plus cleaning products for wiping kit down after use.

1 hour ago, MH1 said:

Have I feck, joined the gym for a tenner a month about 4 weeks ago and sacked it off. 

Not getting home till 6 and by the time I've been to the gym the little girl will be asleep, family life is no good for the gym. ??

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

have been back as soon as they were open.usual 3 times a week.after 4 months though i had lost nearly 50% of my strength.no power was a bit embarassing.so took it steady for a month and now back up to about 75% of what i was doing.my gym is getting very busy now more so than pre lock down.as said lots of hand sanitiser about plus cleaning products for wiping kit down after use.

50%....???

that's seems a lot....

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m grabbing bits and bats when they come up for sale cheap, decided to bite bullet an order a load new gear soon after lock down but the prices went through roof an most places where sold out anyways, just hang in there an use what we got an sure as shite folk will get bored using there weights as Door stops an benches an racks as clothes rails an it all be for sale cheap ? I gonna make me own gym, said it coulle years ago an started but ended up real busy am unsure of the future, but staying put now so it’s time to get arse back in gear an tackle getting it sorted ?

Seen a guy on the local Facebook marketplace selling home made wooden bench press benches, doesn't look like it'll hold much more than the bar but fair play if he's selling them ?

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

50%....???

that's seems a lot....

thats what i thought when i tried a light weight to start with and could not do much more.have only been back at the gym for 2 years or so after a break of about 15 years.something to do with being a lot older and having a bad neck and having high blood pressure maybe as i feel fecking drained on the medication.heart rate is only 55 rested.

Beyond going in for a natter i havent trained in a public gym for a few years now as ive got a nice little lot of equipment at home but for proper gym junkies like i used to be all this must be gut wrenching i used to hate missing days it would grate on me...im hearing all mad stories about arguments over hygiene and masks,strange opening hours etc....as an industry i cant see how smaller gyms are going to survive with no government help so like everything else you are heading towards the multinationals and big chains....Pure Gym in the short space of 10 years are about to open their 300th gym across the country of which 100 are 24 hour....yet they started off as a cheap no frills step into fitness.

• Like 1