1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A half in 2 hours ??  

Joking arent ya??

No, not when you haven't run for 5/6 years and are 17 stone plus. 

Hey, nothing is impossible but doubtful. 

Like I said though earlier I have never tried to run that far in years so I'm going off my last 5k's I did a few years back. 

I have never tried to run to a pace to do a half in years so maybe I'm overestimating what it takes. Unless i try it now I shouldn't really comment on it tbh. 

Edited by Greb147

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

Those times are for born again physers who’ve had a decade off pal . 

A lad who does hiit training theee times a week should easily be able to slug around a half in less that 1:50 

i think gnash is quite tall as well so should have the levers to pull round as your legs will outlast your lungs 

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Those times are for born again physers who’ve had a decade off pal . 

A lad who does hiit training theee times a week should easily be able to slug around a half in less that 1:50 

i think gnash is quite tall as well so should have the levers to pull round as your legs will outlast your lungs 

No those times are meant to be for intermediate runners, it's the link Born posted but on another site it's something similar. I'll try and find it. 

Finishing a half-marathon in less than two hours is a common goal for experienced half-marathons runners. Running a sub 2 hour, or 1:59:59, half-marathon means maintaining a 9:09 average pace per mile. That time is considered a decent half marathon time among runners.

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I guess I’m an elite athlete then as I’ve never ran over 1:40 for a half and have a pb of 1 22 that I’ll never break and I’m a little fat c**t !! 

God knows, maybe both sites are way off with their figures. 

2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

It was tongue in cheek Walshie, just a figure of speech. 

Like I said in my previous post I wouldn't normally call someone out on something so trivial but Gnasher has called me out on a few things over the last few days so I couldn't help myself. 

You're going to give me stick for saying he's exaggerating when he's done that himself by showing data that doesn't tally up. 

I don't want to argue and fall out over a silly little topic like this so I will leave it at that. 

I don't dislike the man or have a vendetta against him it was just a bit of banter that got out of hand. 

I've told him if he wants to continue bickering to do it over PM, I'm done with it because I don't want to ruin a thread. 

I assure you I'm not on here to cause trouble. 

are you the guy was chuckin the lurchers out the subaru sending videos of the pads and shat himself to turn up at the racecourse?

• Haha 3
19 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

are you the guy was chuckin the lurchers out the subaru sending videos of the pads and shat himself to turn up at the racecourse?

Why lying for, proof or it didn't happen. 

Game over right there Jack. 

Edited by Greb147
2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Gred what time did you do at the course at Carrick looking for Ketchum out of interest ? and did the jumps hold you back ? 

No comment. You've lost me. 

Edited by Greb147
37 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Gred what time did you do at the course at Carrick looking for Ketchum out of interest ? and did the jumps hold you back ? 

Ketchum would have been in the chippy at white shops ?

If you’re getting injured running slow down I’m up to 15k now.  No injuries.   Run till you hit heart rate limit...walk till you recover.....

Edited by VOON
  • Like 1

I did a half in 1.51 from being a fat b*****d and not being able to run for 5 minutes in a go. So starting off being fit you could trounce that. If gnash was clocking up 9 min miles for two hours just cruising he could get a tidy time. Also with running if you want to go all out on the day it is surprising what you can pull out the bag. Once you get half way and know its in the bag just bust a gut 

• Like 2