9 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

I work in Leisure and so am at home, though i'm gonna go back to help out as our buildings have turned into crisis centres.

Whilst i'm at home with my daughter, it's a daily morning run and then turning the bramble patch on the other side of my fence into a veg patch... Stealth gardening. ?️‍♂️

Fecking hard work too!

20200325_145353.jpg

I've herd them called gorilla grows ...but the crop ain't usually vegetables. .lol

• Haha 4

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

Got a big tractor tyre from work today for flips , carry’s , jumps etc 

got talked into getting two smaller ones for the kids as well 

this could be interesting ....

by 27th April I want to be able to skip better , to be able to do 30 good quality dips and 25 overarm pull ups 

not big numbers but I haven’t done anything like that for a couple of years so I’m counting on muscle memory getting me by 

Got a turbo trainer for the bike as well and I’m hoping to do some good quality Bergan work this next week.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Hanging my punch bag in the garage tomorrow and I'm embarrassed to say it lol but I've found a few wee quick crossfit workouts that looks quite a challenging or decent for fitting in around when my boy takes his nap. Plan is one of them crossfit workouts daily few rounds of bags and shaddow boxing.

I hate the typical CrossFit Instagram and the whole camaraderie bollocks but I do have a sneaking admiration for its values and benefits . 

Its more that it’s made fitness into a sport that I don’t like about it. Ball mongs now think they are athletes lol .  

If you stick to calling it circuits you should be fine pal ?? 

I don’t know how old your boy is but I like to get my kids involved in it and if I have to drop the intensity or lengthen the time I don’t mind as it’s good time together and it tires them out or gets them ready for tea etc. 

I gave two twenty five kg kettlebells away and I’m actually seething about it now.

Anyone seen the mental prices some people are asking for weights on places like marketplace and eBay recently . Saw one with just 45kg and a cheap bench up to £415 with 22bids so far on eBay . 

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I hate the typical CrossFit Instagram and the whole camaraderie bollocks but I do have a sneaking admiration for its values and benefits . 

Its more that it’s made fitness into a sport that I don’t like about it. Ball mongs now think they are athletes lol .  

If you stick to calling it circuits you should be fine pal ?? 

I don’t know how old your boy is but I like to get my kids involved in it and if I have to drop the intensity or lengthen the time I don’t mind as it’s good time together and it tires them out or gets them ready for tea etc. 

I gave two twenty five kg kettlebells away and I’m actually seething about it now.

Those kettlebells make great doorstops

• Haha 2

I’ve made myself a theee week programme starting today to start me firing together a bit better 

did three burpees and 120m run on the minute every minute for 30 rounds whilst wearing my body armour 

total of 90 burpees all up and 3.6 km / just over of two miles 

16 tyre flips 

51 air squats with the body armour on and my two year old on my shoulders 

23 pull ups 

16 dips 

9 tyre raises to finish 

if I train like that I can train every day , which is what I’m aiming for until 27th April 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I got the punchbag bracket hung up today. Uppercut bag coming tommorow I'm starting a daily routine for the foreseeable until this passes gym open.

Warm up/stretch

One of the 3 crossfit mini workouts I found

3x3mins shaddow boxing

6x3mins on the bag

3x2 on double end bag.

Is it a heavy bag ? 

13 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve made myself a theee week programme starting today to start me firing together a bit better 

did three burpees and 120m run on the minute every minute for 30 rounds whilst wearing my body armour 

total of 90 burpees all up and 3.6 km / just over of two miles 

16 tyre flips 

51 air squats with the body armour on and my two year old on my shoulders 

23 pull ups 

16 dips 

9 tyre raises to finish 

if I train like that I can train every day , which is what I’m aiming for until 27th April 

Body armour ?, Is that the merino wool layer, great stuff for round the campfire pans on bottles oot

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

The rings are in the shed. It's just a dip station mate domt need nothing fancy and it's actually pretty solid. If you think that's dangerous you should see the home made petrol gokart I've got or the argos 1 person dinghy and life jacket I've got from argos.

If your anything over about 10 stone id swerve Argos strength training equipment if i was you ?

Personally id feel safer with a couple of bits of 3 x 2 from Wickes ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

" Home Gym " strength equipment is illegal in " Commercial Gyms " for good reason......if you are 15 stone reasonably strong and train with enough intensity thats coming apart....hopefully it gives you fair warning first.