• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too.

My gym has suspended all memberships, but I've told them to keep my direct debit going so long as I'm still employed myself. They're good people, running a class gym and those of us that are doing alright through this need to support those that are being impacted by it in whatever ways we can. It's not exactly worthy of a knighthood but I just feel it's right.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, king said:

Rocky was chopping wood and carrying logs in the snow in Russia.

Pushing out a bogged down sledge

And running through rivers.

He managed without the gym..

He was allowed out more than once a day too lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Business as usual for me. I’ve got a heavy bag & a couple weights. I ain’t got a clue what I’m doing, but I use them & I stay trim. Plus lots of work in the garden.

The Mrs is the one that uses a gym so she’s out running on her own everyday in a rural area.

• Like 2

I work in Leisure and so am at home, though i'm gonna go back to help out as our buildings have turned into crisis centres.

Whilst i'm at home with my daughter, it's a daily morning run and then turning the bramble patch on the other side of my fence into a veg patch... Stealth gardening. ?️‍♂️

Fecking hard work too!

20200325_145353.jpg

Got some Matts , 2 x 20kg kB , pull up frames etc as it is so not bothered really . 

Brought a big tractor tyre from work as well we can use for squats , press ups , jumps etc 

probs do me the world of good to be fair as I did 14 days straight until last weeks crack . 

Running can f**k off though 

got a freezer today as well from a lad so will fill it with chicken , veg and fruit on payday  to see me right till the end of April 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, socks said:

I’ve got a 3lbs hammer endless lumps of Steele and a 1,200 degree forge to keep me fit .......

Mate, the NHS is under enough pressure as it is! :doh:

:D

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Haha 4
Just now, W. Katchum said:

Iv went same route. Took good kick to ribs off a heifer an couldn’t lift properly an it annoyed me so stared in body weight stuff an that at home an I’m enjoying it, gonna hit the weights again tho when me side feels a bit better 

You have to be creative, otherwise after a few sets of push-ups and lunges you'll be thinking "wtf do I do now then?" LOL.

I used to lift 'heavy' and enjoyed it but this stuff suits my body type and just feels healthier. Though I am still recovering from a tweaked tendon in my forearm after a poor attempt at a back lever. I usually still use the full spectrum of gym equipment but incorporate a bit of calisthenics to keep things interesting. And of course now, it's all I can do anyway. Still much restricted.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

You should try that magic 50 workout I posted mate.  Reckon youd like it and doesnt take too long.

I kind of know what you mean . 

I dont religiously train as I get caught up in other things too easily but when I go through phases of something I get addicted and I was due a good training cycle when this virus struck. 

Ill never be a  chiselled Adonis or a men’s health cover model but I like to carry a lower battle fat immediately after Xmas and I train hard from new year till my bday , approximately 6 weeks . 

Easter till summer is my busy time and September to Xmas I’m normally away without scope to train so I try to stick to jan / Feb as a good detox 

If that magic 50 is similar to the 300 test then I kind of work towards that anyway